TREK 4500/ GEBE w/ GP460 build

Craig,
thanks for reposting those pics.

i just realized something, on your wifes 460 bike the belt tensioner bearing is so far under the cog that the top of the arm is even with the clutch drive mount hole in the bracket.

is that the position you had it locked down at ? and it wasn't slipping ?

aug,
is the clutch /drive unit and legs for the Tanaka 32cc kit the same as the oieces for the no/engine kit ? i'd hate to see appye starting down a rough road too.

i'm fully satified with the $30.00 E2 unit, it has enough rpm range and refresh rate for me.

appye,
i hope you don't regret jumping on that engine. yes, the Dom. pipe like all tuned pipes have a power band of max effectivness. the Dom. is a very broad band and even pipe all the way up but right at 1/2 throttle it really takes off.

thanks,
steve

Last edited:
aug,
is the clutch /drive unit and legs for the Tanaka 32cc kit the same as the oieces for the no/engine kit ? i'd hate to see appye starting down a rough road too.
i do not know that...but will leave a voice-mail inquiry now. the clutch is standard for both sizes, i understand there are different mount-straps. specs on engine-less kits coming up...stay tuned.

kawi'...yer (nice) pics made me chuckle...here's my rig right now:
Mvc-274f.jpg
i could go to tacoma non-stop :cool:

Last edited:
belt

steve, The wifes arm has never been locked down and never slips, the only 1 I ever locked down was the tanaka 47r but dont lock it down anymore since I put a new washer on it. Augidog, like your bike and gas tank set up. Craig...

augidog,

What frame is tha that you are riding? I like the long frame and space between wheel and seatpost. Looks like you ride it in comfort.

Kawasaki99:
I was figuring I would just use a metal pipe of some sort that will bend out and around to the side or the back. I am not really interested in the extra performance that the other pipe will generate, as this engine is already leaps and bounds more powerful than the tanaka.

As far as the clutch goes, I was hoping I would be able to actually use the clutch off of the tanaka? If not, I guess I will be in for a rough road until I can get the springs to engage at just above idle. Where did you get yours?

Question, you say you don't even start easing in to the throttle UNTIL you have reached 30?? How in the world to you even reach 30 in the first place without using the engine to get you there? Confused about that one.

DetonatorTuning:
I was planning on making myself another mount anyway. I have broken two standard mounts from GEBE in the exact same place and I am going to have to put something together that is a bit beefier methinks. Can't be too hard to bend some metal and drill a few holes.

appye,
call Staton and ask for the 3000rpm 76-78mm 3 shoe clutch springs. they use them on their Honda GXH50 stuff but they are universal.

just buy the X-can type down flow muffler from DDM and do just what kerf did.

tell me more about the GEBE mount strap breakage.

thanks,
steve

yep, excellent !!

i bet i'm not the only one that was unaware of the need todo the angling of the mount straps considering the number of people who have posted about theirs breaking.

good to see this info out there now.

i assume that's the mounting on your bike, i like that alot.

thanks,
steve

ps-det'...

in a case where the dropouts are too wide, it's easier to work with the strap & there won't be much "shrinkage" due to the bending...

bend the entire length of the legs outward evenly until you have the proper width at the bottom.

go up about 2" from the bottom, and bend the "tabs" back in for mounting to axle.

Back