Ultimate Bearing Solution for 4-Stroke Belt Tranny

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
This aluminum sleeve doesn't help because the grubee belt drives
only fit tapered shafts - won't fit a 5/8 inch motor shaft.

This aluminum sleeve doesn't help because the grubee belt drives
only fit tapered shafts - won't fit a 5/8 inch motor shaft.
That is correct. The sleeve is meant for people who only have access to 5/8” clutch or bushing replacements but have a 15mm straight shaft engine. I’ve seen many threads of desperate riders claiming to have bought replacement bushings and clutches only to learn that they don’t fit properly.

Even if anyone were able to mount a Grubee trans to a non Grubee engine: Don Grubee recently restricted transmission sales to buyers of Grubee engines only. So unless you already have one, it’ll be tough to get hands on a single transmission

These Chinese 4 stroke kits gotta be in the millions by now, that's make's their future value go down and when ya got million's of something it's gonna be around for a long time

I hate to say it but all gas will eventually fade away big time to electric. Gas motorized bicycles
will be declared "vintage."

As the tech currently exists, for weekend warriors working on their lawns hand held electric just works. Not great for landscapers but they have gas equipment costing tens of thousands of dollars.

No trouble starting the engine, no ethanol gumming up the carb, no seals to go bad. Only ever seen oil on chainsaws and bar oilers are total loss systems.

Never bought the argument about forgetting to charge, if I had a gas pump in my garage my car would always be topped off. And most backyard jobs don't take long enough to drain the bigger batteries.

Given the economics and physics of vehicles, small light weight evs should, and do dominate their respective markets. EBikes are a crazy huge market. Bosch is asking the same price as a dirt bike for some of their drive systems, and getting it.

Those surrons and the like easily out pace live wire and zero in sales.

These new toys sure are fun.

Back