Update on the 4G T Belt drive transmission

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ash, Sep 25, 2013.

1. ash

ash New Member

Hello everyone. I'm setting out on my first build and I've been doing quite a bit of research on "What to buy". I'm interested in a four stroke 49cc HS kit. I'm trying to avoid the "hoot" trannies and a q-matic isn't in the budget just yet. So, the question is has the one way bearing problem been addressed in the latest 4G t-belt drive transmissions? Has anyone used a latter version of the gearbox? I'm looking at Bicycle-Engines website and they have them in stock. It seems everyone agrees that the G4 is better than the G5. Also, If there's already and answer to this question, I would be very very grateful to be steered to the right thread. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013

2. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Don't waste your money on a 5G kit or a Stage III kit. The 4G is a decent 4 stroke kit. Bicycleengines.com is the importer for the Grubee kits. Many members install the 4G kits for customers.

By the way, go to the introductions and introduce yourself to the forum community, out of common courtesy.

Good Luck,

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

3. ash

ash New Member

Thanks for the info, I just posted an introduction.

4. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

I've said this before but guess it bears saying again. I have been using the SAME Stage 111 gearbox for over 5 years and it's proven faultless.....the secret is to fill the case with axle grease not oil.....I also have a 4G kit which is good also.....however, the clutch's that they started using bout a year ago are to light and tend to engage & disengage constantly at low rpm's....I will buy some of the old heavier clutches if anyone knows where I can find them...

5. ash

ash New Member

6. Max-M

Max-M Member

Just want to put in my two cents regarding the EZ Motorbike Q-Matic drive: Unless you've completely ruled it out because of its price, I'd seriously look at the long-term, positive implications of going with a Q-Matic. With all of the little things that have gone wrong and driven me nuts on my two motorized bicycles over the years, the Q-Matic hasn't given me five seconds of trouble. It's bullet-proof, it looks good, and EZ Motorbikes owner Quenton Guenther and his organization are extremely helpful, truly nice people -- and real champions of our hobby.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  7. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

DO NOT BUY from gas bikes or King's (same company I think)......Recommend using biycle-engines. com(birddog dist.)....may be a little more expensive but they will answer their phone & ship quickly.....

8. ash

ash New Member

Thanks, I just confirmed with Bicycle-Engines that they sell the updated Grubee G4 T-belt kits. I'm seriously leaning toward just spending the money and going with EZM. Does anyone know what motor they ship with their Q-Matic kits?