Using stock rear wheel while waiting on mags.

Am I the only one that has successfully tightened those bolts with an impact?
I wouldn't do that if I were you, did you not figure out that the rag joint is somewhat rubberised???...It needs to have some "give" to it in order to work properly...It needs to be able to flex in the drive direction...DO NOT overtighten, which is exactly what an impact is going to do, it will NOT have any flexibility or shock absorbtion capabilities that is required.

Did you actually Read page two of those instructions I posted for this proceedure???...lol...lol.

Once again, Reading is really fundamental Gordy...lol...lol.

I wouldn't do that if I were you, did you not figure out that the rag joint is somewhat rubbersised???...It needs to have some "give" to it in order to work properly...It needs to be able to flex in the drive direction...DO NOT overtighten, which is exactly what an impact is going to do, it will NOT have any flexibility to it that is a requirement.

Did you actually Read page two of those instructions I posted for this proceedure???...lol...lol.

I didn't over tighten them, I just made them snug. I can still undo them with a wrench by hand.

I didn't over tighten them, I just made them snug. I can still undo them with a wrench by hand.
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk,...It is still a naughty no, no...lol...lol.

You can't possibly be able to "true" the rag joint onto the rim with an impact driver and be able to finesse that thing on there like the instructions tell ya...lol.

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk,...It is still a naughty no, no...lol...lol.

You can't possibly be able to "true" the rag joint onto the rim with an impact driver and be able to finesse that thing on there like the instructions tell ya...lol.
I dripped it into an extra set of forks after tightening it.and it had almost no wobble. Got lucky I guess

He is only using it until his mag rims arrive on the first so it is gonna be very temporary, it should be ok for the short time it will be on there.
The second kit I just got I tried setting up the rag joint and the bolts failed right away. They weren't even tight. Some kits come with garbage hardware. The engine seems well built. Nice port and everything, but the hardware and most of the parts that came with it are absolute garbage. I'm thinking that a phantom would come with at least somewhat better stuff though

I wouldn't do that if I were you, did you not figure out that the rag joint is somewhat rubberised???...It needs to have some "give" to it in order to work properly...It needs to be able to flex in the drive direction...DO NOT overtighten, which is exactly what an impact is going to do, it will NOT have any flexibility or shock absorbtion capabilities that is required.

YES, dear. (That cracked me up when I saw that exchange between yourself and Rocket). Thank you for your patience and I am impulsive in my excitement sometimes.
To my credit, I deleted a post that asked how to build a super clutch after doing more research…

Gentleman, the matter is settled...rag joint time. It's like my old grand pappy used to tell me, 'I'll either fix it, or I'll break it so it can't be fixed.' That always gave me the right amount of encouragement to try myself. Thank you for the input to a noob question. I have mad respect for the people on these forums.

Question: is this a mostly older demographic? I am 59 y/o. What say you?

Gentleman, the matter is settled...rag joint time. It's like my old grand pappy used to tell me, 'I'll either fix it, or I'll break it so it can't be fixed.' That always gave me the right amount of encouragement to try myself. Thank you for the input to a noob question. I have mad respect for the people on these forums.

Just turned 68 this month of June...lol...There are many here younger than me...lol.

(That cracked me up when I saw that exchange between yourself and Rocket)
Which one was that???... It wasn't in this thread...lol.

Usually older folks, people who lost thier drivers license, or kids like me who are gear heads and or are building their own transportation so they don't have to rely on others.

I am 16 and I built my bike because I thought it would be fun, and I wanted transportation that was faster than walking or biking.

This was in the past day or so. I shall look it up. This got me wondering, are there certain common themes or mannerisms that people use?
Like on another website, they were mad about Office Space ('Did you get the memo?') or (Don't be a Menace to Society while Drinking your Gin and Juice in the Hood)
Usually older folks, people who lost thier drivers license, or kids like me who are gear heads and or are building their own transportation so they don't have to rely on others.

I am 16 and I built my bike because I thought it would be fun, and I wanted transportation that was faster than walking or biking.
Cool and good to know. Reading is fundamental as diversity is our strength...I shall represent the geezer division.

Back