Vintage Whizzer gas cap

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Traveler, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Traveler

Traveler Member

What would be a good replacement gas cap for a vintage Whizzer tank?

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

You might want to check with Memory Lane Classics in Grand Rapids, Ohio (419) 832-3040. They carry vintage Whizzer parts. Another person to check with would be Quenton Guenther.

3. Traveler

Traveler Member

Thanks. I couldn't find it on the Memory Lane Classics web site. I will be stopping by there soon, and will ask them.

4. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Their website only lists a fraction of what they sell, but here it is: www.memorylane-classics.com .

5. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

I just purchased several vintage gas caps from Harv. at the Portland, IN show and they are very high qualitly and seal really well.

Have fun,

6. Traveler

Traveler Member

Thanks Quenton. I was at Memory Lane Classics today and forgot about the gas cap. I have a vintage cap, but the finish is pretty rough. I told Harvey you said hello.

7. Traveler

Traveler Member

I ordered the gas cap from Memory Lane Classics and am using it. It's a very nice cap.

8. WhizzerWayne

WhizzerWayne New Member

Where dose one find a replacement cap for the new whizzers?

9. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

10. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

I think Whizzer USA is out of stock on the gas caps, however you might want to check.

I know you can use the vintage cap on the new edition tanks, but the new edition cap is too deep for the vintage tanks [cuts into paint near the cap].

Dave at Whizzer told me sevveral years ago there is a cap that will fit, and I think it was for a Ford Bronco.

Have fun,