want to trade 44T for 56T

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by rjones, Jul 23, 2008.

1. rjones

rjones New Member

I have a 44T sprocket I want to trade for a 56T sprocket. I live in the mountains and the 44T is to high.

2. linkinlime34

linkinlime34 New Member

So if 44T is to high, wouldn't 56T be even higher? Mountain areas need more low end power for power so maybe a 56T would be better(although I've never seen a 56T being advertised).

3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I can hook you up with a 50 tooth if you pay shipping both ways for the trade. I don't really need a 44 tooth... A 50 tooth is perfect for the mountains assuming they aren't bigger than the ones in Colorado and at higher altitude where you see a significant loss in engine horsepower.

4. rjones

rjones New Member

I meant the gear ratio is too high. The bigger the rear sprocket the lower the gear.

5. rjones

rjones New Member

No thanks. I'm sure I need at least a 56T. I have the Honda GXH50 with grubee gearbox. I wound up with the 44T sprocket because a seller of Grubee kits told me a 36T would work so I figured 44 should be plenty low enough. Evidently the area in Montana he's in is dead flat because If I put a 36T on my bike I would burn up a second clutch before I got to the end of my road. I burned the first one up because he told me they slip till you break them in. I'm at 4000 ft. ele. I'm sure I'm loosing a little power due to that and some of the hills around here are pretty steep but all the cars motorcycles and mopeds seem to get up them ok. That's why I was suprised when I couldn't go to the end of my road without pedaling. I could understand if I weighed 300 lbs. but I90 lbs. shouldn't be too much.

6. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Oh, got it. You have a 4 stroke. The 2 strokes do fine with a 50 tooth sprocket up to 10k feet. That's the highest I've taken my bike up on a mountain :)

7. HI All,

If you'd like to see a 56T sprocket you can look at Easy Riders bike pics....I think it measured 9 and 1/4 inches tip to tip....Huge compared to the 36T and smaller I am used to seeing....PM me if you want to go BIG ;-)
    Hope this helps
    Andrew