Weeki Wachee,Bayport,Aripeaka Ride Results

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by floridaboy, Nov 7, 2009.

1. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

Hi Everyone:

Well we had a good turn out today. Seven riders showed up for the ride. We rode about 44 miles and had a good time by all. The weather was good all except for a strong wind which try to blow us off the road from time to time. Everyone made the trip with no break downs or miss haps. Here is spme pictures of the trip.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009

2. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

Here is some more of the pictures from the ride. We had a good time and will do it again and hope others will join us.

Attached Files:

3. Nuttsy

Nuttsy Member

Forgot To Mention

If I didn't mention it today at the ride, Thanks to all for stopping to wait for my arrival. Thanks to unexpected traffic I was a little more than "fashionably late".
    And thanks for the pics brother Floridaboy.
    Now there are 3 threads for me to check out! WOW!
    Nuttsy
    (Wayne)

4. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

hey what are you guys doing tomorrow?hardees 10:00am?

just kidding,we better give it a week or two:whistling:

5. andyszyd

andyszyd Member

I'll join you guys next time!

6. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

I am allready starting to look for some other places for future rides. I am going to take my Kawasaki Vulcan up 19 and look for some good roads for another ride. I plan to go asfar as Cedar Key.

7. Nuttsy

Nuttsy Member

Think SOUTH...
    Pasco maybe??? I passed some wide open areas on my way down from B'ville yesterday. Country-ish settings. Not much traffic.

Nuttsy
    (Wayne)

8. andyszyd

andyszyd Member

Pasco is great, more open and less traffic than Pinellas & Hillsborough, especially eastern and northern part of the county, just stay away from 19 and Little Road!

Also north of Springhill between US 19 and I 75 all the way to Cedar Key there is many great rides too.

Much less population and traffic, lots of scenic spots.

9. brian h

brian h New Member

I see a lot of parking but no riding. j/k

pretty cool actually, I am in South FLA and would like to check ya'll out sometime.

10. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

I took a ride up US19 Fri. looking for a good road for a ride. I went asfar as the road to Yankeetown. I think that will be too far to go for a ride. It was 62 miles up to the road and the road is about 7 miles long. I will keep looking for good roads and if anyone knows of a possible good road let us know.

11. andyszyd

andyszyd Member

Did you look east of US 19? There is quite a few roads there between 19 and I 75, probably light traffic on most of'em. I am not familiar with those areas I only traveled 19, 41 and 75 by car back and forth.

Looking to join you guys for the next ride, hopefully before Xmas?

Happy riding!

12. Nuttsy

Nuttsy Member

62 miles NORTH of Hudson???
    Count me out. I'll have to leave Cleewaddy 2 days before and probably still be late.
    If anyone is interested in Coastal Pasco or a lengthy Pasco/Hillsborough route let me know. I've got some routes in mind.
    Nutz

13. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

Im In Holiday, and I'd be interested in a ride soon. just gotta figure out the brake set up im gonna go with.

14. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

I think now the holidays are over we should look for doing another ride from Weeki Wachee. Lets see what everyone wants to do and see if we can put another ride togeather when it warms up abit. I have been looking around for another place to ride but think it will be hard to beat what we have now. Lets hear from everyone and make it happen.

15. andyszyd

andyszyd Member

Count me in. Let,s hope the current freeze is soon over!

As for a route whatever you guys decide is fine with me.

16. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

I think we should do the same ride we did last time. Here is a map of the ride for those that did not go last time.

Attached Files:

17. I used to make it up to Spring Hill on occasion for work. It might be nice to get up that way with the Andian for a ride. I'll keep my eyes on this thread for dates and such. Maybe we can get a couple of folks from Lakeland to come up that way. The first of Feb, we're having a ride down in St. Pete if anyone is interested.

If I can make it, I'd love to ride up there with you guys. So long as it doesn't snow! :grin5:

Attached Files:

18. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

Me and my son will try to make the Feb. ride at St. Pete. Maybe March will be good for our ride.

19. andyszyd

andyszyd Member

St Pete ride?

What is the date and planned route ?

20. St. Pete is the first Saturday of every month. The plan is to meet at the Vinoy parking lot by the water and the swimming pools. We ride out to the beach to have a stop and get something to drink. Riders with small bladders can empty their tanks there and bikes with small bladders can fill theirs at the same time. :devilish:

Sorry, don't mean to hi-jack the thread away from the norther tampa ride either. I plan on doing that one some time also!