Whats a good price for a 4 stroke kit ???

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by just for kicks, Jul 21, 2007.

1. I'm just wondering what a good price is for a 4 sroke kit is.

I have seen one for around $300 and was wondering if they go for any less than that.

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

that's the general range I've seen, sometimes before shipping :???:

3. I have found one locally for $295 and feel its a good price I just havnt seen to many of the 4-strokes around and was wondering what the going street price was on them.

4. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

i would spend the extra hundred bucks for a honda engine, youll get the best outa it, not some cheap "huasheng" china junk... approximately 350-400 dollars

jon

5. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I spoke to GEBE today about this particular topic, specifically the 35cc.

Apparantly Honda will not warranty a bike/trike application unless they did it themselves.

Also, and this has something to do with the cam, but a guy put one on and then sent an audio of the vibration level it was causing, vibration enough to hear it. Julia is supposed to send me that audio in an e-mail.

Horsepower wise, the Robin Subaru's are about the same, and folks are happy the way they get better as more miles are put on them, WITHOUT that noisy vibration.

6. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

on the grubee site there is a kit specifically designed to fit the gxh50 model. i read about the gxh50 it says los vibration, that confuses me on how much they have based on what you said. i notice that 4 strokes shake the bike more than the two stroke when idling.

i dont know much at all about 4 strokes, i know tons about 2 strokes, so you guys might know whats best to buy, but i wouldnt buy that chinese stuff, american, japanese, german, italy, basically anything but china, taiwan, malaysia, etc.

just my opinions, whatever fits your needs

jon

7. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Me either, except the one I put on the WorkmanTrike, and he calls every few weeks bragging about the motors performance.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=975

I'm about to put 3 on trikes, mounted with the Stanton setup, but rely on experienced folks for input.

When I get the audio of the Honda vibration, I'll post it in this topic. The warranty info was in casual conversation, but I used Hondas in pressure washers as a sideline business for years, liked them for dependable cranking, but they did shake (the 1500psi model in the late 1980's).

Anyway, it just passing along "what I heard".

8. spunout

spunout Member

were you looking for a rack-mount or frame mount?

9. I'm looking for a frame mount.

10. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

thats a pretty interesting bike, i like it, but im not such a big fan of front wheel drive.

jon

11. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

My 4 stroke is Silent at 30mph and vibration free so much so I hear the tires sing! Its incredibly nice to ride. My clutch makes more noise than the engine. It sounds like a rattlesnake when its engaging... A rattle snake that can be heard a block away :shock:

12. grakker

grakker Guest

This is really nice to read. Everything I have read so far says that 4-strokes are noisy and have more vibration. I personally don't want the attention. Quiet and less vibration sound good. I will probably be buying a 4 stroke in the next 8 months or so.

13. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

8) I have a ROBIN 35cc 4-stroke friction drive on my DAHON bike. i put 4 layers of bicycle tube between the frame mounts. i still stand up off the bike at the traffic lights, because of the vibration. maybe it won't vibrate as much, if i lower the idle.
    i just ordered the 43cc Mitsubishi w/gear-chain drive from David Staton. although the Mitsubishi engine's advertised to be super-quiet, i wonder about the vibration.
    sighhh...ya can't beat my vibration-free electric bike, but what a pain in the butt to charge batteries and carry 135 pounds upstairs! :shock:

14. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

Describing my bike

:smile: Hey Slicer Dicer. You have just about said all that I could say about the Bremen Flyer, smooth as silk, all the way to the end of the speedo, very nice acceleration, I can't stop anywhere without drawing a crowd. One guy even asked me what year it was, I replied: 2007!

I noticed in another post about a carb and a throttle from a Honda scooter, as you may recall my seat came from a Honda, along with both the throttle and the left brake lever set up. which was not installed at the time.

After installing a wheel from a ? service master? trike, it came with a drum brake, and I think the spokes are 11 gauge. The rear end was finalized.

I have not removed the governer yet, but I did bend the throttle lever, my speedo only goes to 50, and I can bounce the needle off that.

Cruise is a very nice 30 or 35, with quite a bit left over. Oh yes, I also installed the tailight assembly from the scooter, now I have a tailight and a brakelight.

Sorry for the long post, but I haven't been on the computer as much as I'd like.

I will take some more pics, and post them.

I'm glad to see that everything worked out for you and your bike...Bang-up job!!!

Scrollerguy