What's your Opinion on/or Experience - Speed Carburetor

Leroybrown420

Local time
5:17 AM
Speed carburetor. Good or bad, What's your Opinion?
speed.jpg

I personal have never used the speed carb. The four carburetors that I have used (NT, Skyhawk CNS, Race CNS, SHA Clone), I like the NT the best. I wanted to try the Speed carb so I negotiated a package deal from china and have been waiting impatiently for 30 days now. I have a chopper bike in limbo waiting it's arrival.

Just wondering if my wait is going to be worth it or not. Any info would be cool.
001.jpg

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 308
My guess is that it won't make any difference in power or throttle response over the standard NT, if both carburettors are jetted correctly.

Yeah, I'm think your probably right. That's my guess too. However, it cant hurt to try em out. I have always learned better by doing. With luck I'll get them this weekend.

When it' s done I give my 2 cents & photos.

The Speed comes with a bit larger jet in it otherwise it is the same intake diameter, on a 66cc I like the CNS 2's with no ideal air adjustment at my altitude but the carb is a moot point if you aren't getting a great spark.

Pop in an $8 NGK 5944 (BPR*HIX) Iridium plug where the * is a number from 5 to 8.
Use a lower number like 5 or 6 if you are in a cold climate, 7 or 8 in hot areas like me in Phoenix, I run 7's.

Finally, their here! So far so good. Does pull hills better. Only put 2 or 3 miles on her. My normal track, 53 degrees F, 12 degrees C. I'll have more time next week to play. Check out the photos for now.001.jpg010.jpg

Nice bike Leroy, whereabouts is that? I don't recognize the mountains.
I am in North Phoenix, Sunnyslope area.

Back