Where to put nitrous bottle?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26224
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
y
Did you see 2stroke stuffing's nitromethane scooter? It made 22hp as 50cc I remember. But ran for like a minute on a liter of nitromethane!
yeah... but honda was pulling much the same figure from a 50cc fourstroke on plain old low octane petrol. yeah, didnt even need avgas in them to race.

when he gets 20hp with cheap petrol i will be more impressed. methanol is cheating...
dont get me wrong though... i do love that channel... now he is nikasilling...

Yeah I'm following him. I watched all of his vids, and am still waiting on the next one. I love the most powerful two stroke series!

y
yeah... but honda was pulling much the same figure from a 50cc fourstroke on plain old low octane petrol. yeah, didnt even need avgas in them to race.

when he gets 20hp with cheap petrol i will be more impressed. methanol is cheating...
but how many Honda engineers on that and the r&d budget? lol

true... but how much work previously figured out by those same engineers is he using? he aint starting with a blank canvas. they crunch numbers on bearing load ratings and material strengths. he goes " they use these so i will to".

the actual making it is the part i love... he's no "gunner". just a "did it".

y

He already made over 20hp with a much simpler motor, made 18 to the wheel with a high drivetrain loss transmission so definitely was over 20.

He already made over 20hp with a much simpler motor, made 18 to the wheel with a high drivetrain loss transmission so definitely was over 20.
on methanol. four times the fuel for twice the power of petrol... run it on 70 octane petrol and get 20hp... from a fourstroker... thats my point. yamaha and zuki chose twostrokes because that power level (on petrol, not methanol) is easier to achieve. fourstrokes, youre already fighting an uphill battle.

oh yeah... cvt losses. nasty. worst transmissions ever devised.

and then... was that piped and manifolded to the best or just the initial trials? cus yes, if it wasnt tuned in as well as it eventually will be... its like my 160cc lawnmower can only make 3 while my nsr 150 will pull 40... despite being smaller. ones tuned to do that. one isnt.

and personally, i think he is taking the wrong approach.
better to redesign the twostroke...
sealed bearings with pressurised oil feed... no lube in the fuel. the little end is a serious challenge here...
then go direct injection AFTER the exhaust closes... no fuel in the crankcase.
then completely ignore traditional port designs like schnuerle and loop scavenging, as clean air is fine to blast out the exhaust... just like a diesel. theres no concern about shortcircuiting in the cylinder. (similar to husquvarnas weird arsed porting in their chainsaws) cleaner air, less residual exhaust gas in cylinder, plus a tuned pipe for the "supercharging".... no oil burning emissions... no oil displacing fuel so theres max potential in the cylinder...

BRAAAAAP!
i reckon he could crack 25+ on petrol doing that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back