Which beach Cruiser would look the best with an engine?

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by sherryc8641, Apr 27, 2007.

Which bike should I use? (check out the website)

1. First pic

2. Second pic

3. Third pic

0 vote(s)
  4. Fourth pic

0 vote(s)
  1. sherryc8641

sherryc8641 Guest

In my opinoin the two out of the four I like the best is the one one the top of the screen then the 3rd one on the bottom. The third one on the bottom will make the engine less noticeable to police officers but I don't know if I should think about it that much. All of them look good to me and strong. Help me make up my decision on which bike I should get.

Also are the coaster brakes relighable? Do they work well? Also do they wear away?(I had a coaster brake on one of my bikes before and I don't rember anything about it, I would like opinions though.)
    Look up the bike pics on ...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=150114870639&rd=1&rd=1 copy and past it.

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

I have seen greenline bikes before and they seem pretty well made, and hold up to motors (I ran with a bunch of them up mt lemon...spookytooth sells them)
    see: http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1222
    can't answer about coaster brake personally, but have heard they are reliable from other people
  3. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

3rd bike is kewl, as far as coaster brakes l hate'em...everyone is different :cool:
  4. sherryc8641

sherryc8641 Guest

Anoher question

Will the rear coaster brake get in the way when I add the new sproket and chain to the bike? (For the motor.)
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

search the forum for 'coaster brakes' and you will find answers to all your questions
  6. NoPed

NoPed Member

Hey fellers; i'm on the verge of ordering the parts i'm settling on for this my first build. Could anyone tell me,
    Who makes a well built "Stretch Cruiser"?
    I love the looks but i don't have one here to look at and will be ordering from someone online; oh joy.

be seeing you
  7. azbill

azbill Active Member

personally, I really like the lines of the Micargi Mustang :)
    the straight bottm tube makes it easy to fab a mount for the engine
    and the curved, larger diameter down tube seems to be stronger than the older skinny straight tube that some people had problems with (cracking)

Pirate Cycles (a forum sponsor) is a dealer for Micargi ;)
  8. NoPed

NoPed Member

I didn't see the mustang on the pirate site but i did see a couple nice stretch bikes. So Bill, you have absolutely no issues whatsoever with using a Micargi for a build? Are all micargi's equal no matter who you buy from and are the stretch micargi's just as well made? Can you send me please to a user who has had a Micargi in use for long enough to give it a review? Thats what i really need.

Please and thank you,
  9. azbill

azbill Active Member

I have almost 1500 miles on mine since end of January :)
    all working hard, and no bike probs at all (my bike is my transportation and my grandkids taxi)

mind you, I changed wheels for better/heavier that I had, and upgraded crank and headset bearings as well

the parts I swapped were upgraded over time (3+ yrs), and came from my Schwinn Jaguar when I switched to the stretch
  10. azbill

azbill Active Member

I would call Justin at Pirate and see what he has to say (he seems to be a really honest and trustworthy vendor)
  11. NoPed

NoPed Member

Great to know; if I indeed buy a new bike, i'll feel better about the micargi.

be seeing you