whizzer J-model stalling while riding

so how do I fix the fuel feed?

What is the history of the bike? Has it been ridden a lot and all of the sudden this problem has showed up or has it been sitting for many months since last ridden?

Disassembling and cleaning the carb is a good place to start if you know the carb is receiving plenty of fuel from the tank.

Is it a tillotson or carter carb? Another option is to just pull the bowl off and flush everything with carb cleaner. Then put gas additive cleaner in the tank and see if it gets better. It could just be slightly gummed up from sitting/old gas.

I always put sta-bil gas additive in my vehicles that sit for a while so, I don't have gas varnish/gum up problems.

You might need to clean the carb and put some gum out through it if it sat for 6 months. If it runs a little bit it the way it is it shouldn't be too hard to clean it up.

Most likely the float needle is restricted. Use large amounts of carburetor cleaner in the fuel.

Do you have the electronic ignition module, if not, you should, as the points are a real issue.

If the bike restarts after a few minuites it is most likely due to poor fuel flow at the needle jet.

have fun,

Back