Whizzers Should Not be Such a "Mystery" :)

Risk Man

Local time
1:37 AM
I just came across this old thread from 2019 where a 2 poster member was trying to sell a "2004 Whizzer brand new". Looking at it closer you can see it is an Ambassador and it has a Mecum Auction Ticket on it clearly indicating by Mecum it is a "2004".

According to my research the Ambassador first came out in 2008 so this could NOT be a 2004. I don't blame the poster, but come on "Big Auction House", it is not that much of a mystery to accurately date a Whizzer of any year. 10th digit of the serial number is the YEAR of MFG. Forget the MFG date code; they reversed the date and year on that part of the VIN tag and can result in reporting the wrong year all the time unless you remember what year they reversed it.

Richard Helmut did the First proto type Ambassador. One went to Whizzer USA, the other to Taiwan. Whizzer USA thought the rake was too much. It was a Beautiful bike.

Taiwan Never sent the second one back.

20231230_190843.jpg

20231230_190916.jpg

So to my point, you can not even trust one of the biggest automotive auction houses to accurately describe a vehicle they are selling. That is a shame.
Even Sothby's Auction House who have some of the foremost art experts in the world have screwed themselves selling fake old masters from time to time...Their own experts got fooled...lol.

I just came across this old thread from 2019 where a 2 poster member was trying to sell a "2004 Whizzer brand new". Looking at it closer you can see it is an Ambassador and it has a Mecum Auction Ticket on it clearly indicating by Mecum it is a "2004".

According to my research the Ambassador first came out in 2008 so this could NOT be a 2004. I don't blame the poster, but come on "Big Auction House", it is not that much of a mystery to accurately date a Whizzer of any year. 10th digit of the serial number is the YEAR of MFG. Forget the MFG date code; they reversed the date and year on that part of the VIN tag and can result in reporting the wrong year all the time unless you remember what year they reversed it.

Yeah, they can't even Google Whizzer Motorbike History :LOL:

Actually the history by Whizzer Motorbikes is pretty basic, but it does cover the 2008 Ambassador
A search will reveal more Whizzer History sites too

Whizzer USA sold back the whizzer patent to the Goldman family. They haven't done anything yet, and probably won't. No one to call for information, Especially for the new generation whizzer. I didn't think it was a good idea.
So...here we are. A Secret...There is still another whizzer patent.

Ray

Back