Worksman Front Brake Torque Plate Doesn't Fit

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Hal the Elder, May 29, 2009.

1. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

Hey Helpers...

Received my Worksman front wheel with hub brake, but the torque plate is too short to reach the anchor bolt on the fork tube.

The Stock Whizzer torque plate is anchored on the fork tube 5-1/2 " from the axle, but the Worksman plate only reaches 3-3/4".

See picture: (Worksman on left)

HAL

Attached Files:

2. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Hal
    I cut the brake arm off the Whizzer wheel and bolted it to the Worksman wheel brake arm. I used two 3/16 carriage bolts.

Jim

3. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

HEY JIM:

I may try your suggestion of "grafting" the Whizzer brake arm to the Worksman arm.

Could you please post a picture of your installation?

Thanks,
    HAL

4. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Here you go Hal.
    I do plan to make it look more professional in the future but for now it is functional.

Jim

Attached Files:

5. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

HEY JIM:

Yeah, that will work!

However, I didn't want to chop the arm off my stock brake, so I made my own brake arm.

I used a piece of 1" x 3/16" steel bar stock, formed 2 clearance bends and drilled holes for 8mm bolts.

Here are pictures:

Hal

Attached Files:

6. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

That looks very nice. I have one concern though. If that bolt ever comes loose and slides out of the slot on the brake arm, you will be in for a big surprise.

Jim

7. Hal the Elder

Hal the Elder Member

OK, Jim...Lock-Tite will be applied!

Hal