Would like to make my 100cc 2 stroke engine gain more speed

That is a Shwinn stingray OCC, Orange County Chopper. As compared to the original stingray from the 60s & 70s that had a banana seat and ape hanger handle bars. I have and OCC.

Good job on the header, not loving the paint though.

Are replacement tires exactly like the ones on the bike available?
…in the posters pic.

That is a Shwinn stingray OCC, Orange County Chopper. As compared to the original stingray from the 60s & 70s that had a banana seat and ape hanger handle bars. I have and OCC.

Masking tape is good stuff, cheap too. I noticed the paint on the tires myself. Cool looking set up.

Intresting somebody did all the hard work for you.. Tensioner and motor mount custom welded.

I put a ported wildcat 80 on my occ and(despite the lack of quality control) still breaking it in and its hitting 38mph and takes hills like a champ.
But like they said its the port work

I plan on doing the paint job myself I was just getting everything lined out making sure everything fit proper and imma take everything )
Intresting somebody did all the hard work for you.. Tensioner and motor mount custom weld

I put a ported wildcat 80 on my occ and(despite the lack of quality control) still breaking it in and its hitting 38mph and takes hills like a champ.
But like they said its the port work
That would be awesome wish mine would mine may go 25-30 mph that pushing it I bought my motor from eBay

when you do, get a wee bit of bondo for the weld joints n stuff.
An expansion pipe exhaust and an upgraded carburetor will get you where you need to go if you want more top speed you will have to buy a smaller rear sprocket and once you start getting into the higher power ranges your clutch will begin to slip you can look at DHL performance and buy their budget clutch which will give you around 700 lb of spring pressure so there will be absolutely zero slippage but you will have to take three pins out of the clutch and you will have to tap the holes in the clutch basket where the pads go once you do that you could simply buy springs that are about 2 in long and add your stud and simply tighten it down with washers that fit the springs if you don't want to spend $100 on a pre-tapped clutch basket and pre-built clutch plate

Ive put my 100cc engine on a stingray bicycle got a wide tire in front and narrow tire in front. Had to modify the frame (added my own motor mounts) to mount the engine. Had to add 4 more links to the chain. Had to modify the chain tensioner as well. I'll I have ordered disc brakes I'm waiting on them to come in the mail. The normal rubber brakes that came with the bicycle wasn't doing the job.

Now my question is.
Is there anyway to get more out of the motor? (go faster) it goes about 20-25 mph already would like to go 30-35 mph
A gear change is the only way.

Back