Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Hey from Estonia. This is little story of my first motorized build. Bike inspiration came from board tracker, cafe racers and it all with hint of rat style :) Original bike Sketch : And work begins Little saddle testing, i was not pleased with this at all and had to be redone. With this saddle i'm happy and little tank testing. And voila almost done on that picture. (uh that tank was leaking from few places and had to fix it) Better pictures coming soon. Right now i have driven it about 60+km (37miles) and i like it very much. Ride is bit hard on hands but it will just train hands :D Ref to name : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238895/ I have question about exhaust. I would like to bring it down under bike. i...
Been wanting to build a bike for awhile. This is my first build and I Plan on this thing screamin up and down the road I live on. This echo leaf lower engine is pretty f***in strong and well I work on the damn this ALL day so I figured “why not put it on a bike”. I have a mongoose bike I found by a dumpster and it was in great condition. This is the beginning, so all cuts are rough and nothing is pretty. This motor mount I’m making still has a lot of metal to be trimmed off. After I got mount 60% complete i started on designing a transmission\clutch system Next I’m gonna be making the clutch panel. I’m gonna weld a sproket to a clutch housing then us a cover to hold bear and shaft for the clutch housing. I’ll cut that shaft down...
here's our couple bikes..currently were running. my cafe: 66cc, sbp pipe, k&n, race carb, ported intake, all ports remapped all casting mistakes repaired, polished rod and crank, internal casting mistakes on cases repaired, msd plug wire, 36 tooth pirate cycles sprocket and clam shell sprocket holder, pirate cycles high comp head, converted back to bike chain drive. 50+mph on flat. chopper: same exhaust carb filter. pirate intake 40t sprocket on standard rag joint (that has gotta go).originally a specialized mountain bike. lots of frame mods, chopped raked, custom front end. 45mph on flat. pics in progress and through the mods, will get some recent ones next time im out in the garage.
I finished my break-in of replacement 48cc. It went lots smoother with everything else nailed down. I'm shooting for a lot more than 700 miles on this one. I reworked everything, found the good, fixed the bad. The jackshaft mount held up good considering it took a lot of hits, bearings good, shaft good, and crankset side good. But, it still had a twist, probably from when I tossed it over a hill. Knee and calf still hurts so yeah beyond operation parameter. The 21T sprocket only 415 width, wore out, chain wore out. Too thin too much slop. I redid engine mounts and welded a stiffener plate to jackshaft bracket, welded up a mount spacer for engine, drilled exact fit. No more sloppy wallowed out hole, no shims. I shifted engine a bit...
The old reduction friction drive has been removed and tossed on a shelf. It was fun, I learned, but its wore out. Stripped bike to its bearings, cleaned, lubed, new driveline chain and cassette 11-32 / 7 with long cage derailleur, trigger shifter. Dumped front derailleur. Stole hookworms from wife's bike. 🙄 Added BBR 48cc. And that's my stopping point. There's no way in hell a chain will line up w/o power idlers. Kinda knew that anyway.... Course, now I whine, pout, wife says I can get a shift kit for xmas. 🤣😂 Hope I got everything right, I watched a video b4 installing those circlips, one for the clutch too. Was planning to break it in on a trainer stand, but as I can't run chain it has to wait. Do I need a load on the engine...
Lotsa new stuff. New (NEW!) wheels. I replaced the rear QR axle with a solid axle. Disc brakes. Metal idler and derailleur pulley sprockets with bearings New throttle and shorter cable New rear rack A whole pile of USB lights chucked. A new light systen with onboard 12V lithium battery. Triple brake lights on rear. 15W RoadShock flood on front. Mini bullet lights with lenses I added to make 360° visible. Pictures after a battery test running hazard flashers for 3 hours,,dropped 0.2 volts off full 12.6V charge. A voltage display is on top of the black box, charge port and power switch on side, fused inside. The battery is 3s2p 5800mah. I can charge it with a solar panel but it appears I'll have plenty of range for normal riding using...
103 miles on the odometer today, coukdn't be more pleased. For the last 30 miles, last few days, I've been exploring ATV dirt trails and really beating this thing up like a real dirt bike. Getting a little dirty now, I like it. I had to split and join the pipe, engine tilt put it into the frame. The difference is pleasing, it'll growl up mild hills in higher gears, seems to help low end a lot. I plan one more gear change, right now low end is 9-17-9-36-32 from motor to wheel. I have a 18 sprocket coming for jackshaft engine side. If that's not enough I may swap my crank drive from 36 to 30. Honestly almost there now. I locked out 6 and 7 sprocket on rear, only shifting thru first 5. Still, it gets to 30mph. Not more, best I saw was...
These are a couple of the motorized bikes I put together this summer. I think I'll have to break down pretty soon and put them away for the winter. I'm hoping for a few more days around 30 degrees so I can get a little more riding time in.
She's a fairly cheap 29er, with a chinese 80cc, 44t rear sprocket . Great on the flat, or a slight incline, but if it needs 2nd gear when pedalling, then the engine will need to be clutched and you're on your own. So the question is, how do I make it a hill climber? 1. Bigger rear sprocket, maybe a 54t. 2. Smaller rear wheel. Drop the 29 to a 26 or 24. 3. Hybrid. Put an electric front wheel on it for climbing. 4. Shift-kit. BUT 1. Not sure 54t will even be enough. 2. This will mess with the rear brake geometry, so i'll have to drill and set new brakes. 3. At some point, you may as well just go electric. Spending $$$ on an electric front wheel is a big investment. 4. Shift kits are expensive (especially shipped to...
This bike was bought specifically to be motorized. . It was decided that a Recumbent would be best. BUT in spite of it's high level of comfort, they have a few too many shortcomings (like motor right behind head; loss of speed / momentum on corners; heaviest of weights on small motors = early rebuilds and slow slow slow acceleration). . It was also decided that standard street & city bikes are designed too upright for long periods of riding time. They are designed like this specifically because they have to be completely pedal-worthy. Hey, don't get me wrong, if you're pedaling they are a great way to go. . Lastly it was decided that dual suspension mtn bikes, while they do add comfort, they are primarily more...
Hey All, I built a new one this weekend. Started fri night finshed last night and spent today working out the bugs. I hope its worked out now (for some reason i couldnt keep the chain on so finally analyzed it and pulled a couple of chain links and made a new tension wheel from a skateboard wheel and moved it further up the chainstay . think i'm good now. it a schwinn cruiser (cheapo) added ape hangers and a front brake to assist the coaster. Also (dont know if can be seen in pics) added green ghost flames to the tank. thanks for checkin her out , and thanks for all your input and tips ive learned here, you all rock Rob..........
This all got started back in February when I purchased a cheap ebay kit for $90 to slap on my Huffy as I was getting sick of getting huffy from riding to the store. It was one of the newer style motors with the single piece head and cylinder with a 32mm intake and thin as f*** mounting hardware. Despite being more than skilled mechanically, trying to get that damn rag joint mounted sprocket to align just about have me a stroke. As Chinese products are usually made out of chineseium, so was this engine kit and everything started to break within the first two weeks. First it was mounting studs snapping, then came the fuel tank's mounting studs tearing the sheet metal, the motor soft seized at least once, it had little power, etc...
I ordered the frame from Bikeberry. It was about $220 delivered. This is just a mock up using an extra set of mountain bike forks I have. I have the front suspension locked at about the halfway point to get perspective of what it will look like with the new fork. I'd use them, but they have 6" of travel & that's just silly for a street bike so I'm waiting for the new suspension fork to arrive. I'm also waiting on a pair of Fat Frank tires. Cream colored & 2.35 wide. I've already broken in the engine that's on there now, and before installing it I stripped it down & ported the heck out of it. Port-matched the intake and exhaust, cut out the piston skirt at the intake side & ramped the other 3 sides. Along with the addition of a...
Back