MOT-E100BELT.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 303
  • MOT-E100BELTB.jpg
    MOT-E100BELTB.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 291
  • MOT-E100BELTC.jpg
    MOT-E100BELTC.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 295
ok, so lm sending a motor too Augi & papasaun for testing. l think we need more info on how this all works, if it works?, more testing is needed. all's l ask is that you give us(forum) your honest opinion and report back to us. later guy's

Keep at it.
Main thing is, the global availability of the generators.
I hope we can get them here local, then the other most important thing is wirings,diodes and regulator help from all you sparkys out there.
This will revolutionize cycling like never before.

I actually had an idea of "steam power" to turn a generator.

OK, how do we get steam out of a bike ?
Simple, you wrap copper tubing around the exhaust pipe and fill it up with water. When the bike heats up, it boils the water and causes the steam to blow through the other end. You add a turbine and a generator, the steam turns the turbine, and presto, not only do you have electrical power, but none of the engine's horse power has been taxed !

<smirk>

l thought my idea was good untill last night. my neighbor came over and we did an RPM test on the generator. my RPM's are only up to 700- 800 max, and the generator motor at that speed only puts out 7 - 8 volts. this is not enough RPM's, and so l need to find a motor that will produce 12 volts at 600 RPM's, if this makes any sense. l'll will keep looking and see what other motor's l can find.

I think it will be about the same. I'm thinking that the drive gear needs to be smaller to be able to spin the motor faster?

Papa

i'm going to be frame-mounting mine (seat-tube) & will experiment with a mini-jackshaft to a roller on the rear tire. that should allow for gearing changes. i'm thinking vacuum-cleaner belts.

l thought my idea was good untill last night. my neighbor came over and we did an RPM test on the generator. my RPM's are only up to 700- 800 max, and the generator motor at that speed only puts out 7 - 8 volts. this is not enough RPM's, and so l need to find a motor that will produce 12 volts at 600 RPM's, if this makes any sense. l'll will keep looking and see what other motor's l can find.

What kind of rpm's does it need to output 13 to 14 volts? Are we talking double, 1500 to 1600 rpms, if that is the case the set up Augi is talking about should be able to do the trick. All in all you still had a great idea azvinnie. What does the 24 volt gen. put out at 500 to 600 rpms, maybe enough to swap out the 12v for the 24v.

Motor Received

Thank You, AzVinnie. :cool:
Received the motor in the mail today. :LOL:
I First hooked it up using the Black wire as Common and the red as output, and spun it counter clockwise with my fingers and and got negative voltage. Reversed the leads to use red as common and got positive volts. Opening up the motor showed almost no sign of wear, only a little carbon tracking on the armature.

I just bought me a 13' Drill Press, so I chucked it up and got,

3.23 volts @ 600 RPM

5.85 volts @950 RPM

13.04 volts @2000 RPM

Using the drill press it spun clockwise and got positive volts, using the black lead as common.
This is gonna take some gearing to get it to work. Did you try one of those 24 volt motors to see if they put out 12 volts at a slower RPM?

Papa

Last edited by a moderator:
Back