142f 4-stroke no power

Carbunckle

Local time
3:53 AM
So I bought this bike used got it all rebuilt an good to go I thought. Well it starts up but will only stay running with the choke on an at higher throttle and has Absolutely no power I've ripped the carb apart an cleaned everything I can think of. And I found a bunch of gas in the oil so I changed it and no difference anyone have any idea that could help me?

So I bought this bike used got it all rebuilt an good to go I thought. Well it starts up but will only stay running with the choke on an at higher throttle and has Absolutely no power I've ripped the carb apart an cleaned everything I can think of. And I found a bunch of gas in the oil so I changed it and no difference anyone have any idea that could help me?
Just cleaning the carb isn't enough; you also have to know how to adjust the air/gas mixture.

Try cleaning the IDLE JET. It's a black plastic jet located under the black plastic idle set screw. You need a fine wire from a metal brush to poke through the hole on the end of the jet. Be careful pulling it out, WD it and gently twist it out. Be careful with the oring/s around it. Try not to rip them. That jet if dirty will cause you to have all sorts of throttle issues. Oring leaking on it will do the same.

If you've followed everyones advice in the above posts, then you should be up and running. I drilled my #54 main jet .003 larger which helped noticably. Keep in mind I do not use an air filter and my muffler is of a straight through design. Both changes will necessatate this mod. Never the less, I did find the stock engine to run lean. No doubt to comply with emission laws.

Back