1st chopper build, wasted bike.

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by sphynx.0029, Sep 2, 2009.

1. sphynx.0029

sphynx.0029 Member

Well I got this thing from a kid in the local area for $10. cause I have wanted one since our first build. which suffered a snapped frame, while in use. I wasn't sure if it would clean up enough to look good but, after a few hours of hobbying, you can see where she is headed.

Only way I could figure to mount the motor requires a trip to a welder to have a few mounting pipes installed and then the rest shouldn't be too hard.

http://motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=774

2. hurricane billy

hurricane billy New Member

your triple tree (forks) look to me to be on backwards. i would like to see the tire set forward not to the rear .
    should be a fun prject , good luck and happy motor n

3. AussieJester

AussieJester Member

That be an OCC or a WestCoast Choppers chopper? One of my fav builds here on MB is BrettMavriks OCC custom chopper-->

[​IMG]

Might give you some ideas anywayz

BEst of luck

KiM

4. sphynx.0029

sphynx.0029 Member

actually does help seeing how to rerun ten bike chain to miss the motor. thanks.

5. sphynx.0029

sphynx.0029 Member

oh and it is a west coast chopper.

6. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Michael (sphynx.0029) my son and I are both doing a new bike project (last one cracked the frame in two. Yes the front end was installed incorrectly, I wonder if the kid that did it could ever figure out why it had NO turning radius. Having bars wielded tomorrow to mount the engine, I found a what I felt was a good deal on a Huffy Cruiser $20.00. It has a vintage working speedometer and a seat for my big azz (Wal Mart...I call them China Mart.. wants $24.00 for the seat alone)..and E-Bay has the speedometers for $15.00 and up. Bike is rough but workable without too much trouble.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009