2 stroke with no oil

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by dougsr.874, Mar 12, 2014.

1. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

A person I know told me he had been running his HT 2 stroke engine with no Oil for over a month.....and hadn't had any problems...I cautioned him against this and am surprised it hasn't seized already.....How can this be???

2. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

This question has been posted before with very similar wording. It requires no answer, as common sense will lead you to a logical conclusion. If you have no common sense, there is always google....

3. butre

butre Well-Known Member

Maybe ignorance is more than just bliss and a miracle is happening to help with his lack of common sense.

4. Bzura

Bzura Member

I bet he's using gas from his daddy's gas can in the garage. You know, the one for the weedwhacker that also happens to be a 2 stroke.

5. butterbean

I'm a little surprised that anyone responded with a serious answer, given the fact that I've hinted that this person has posted this question before, and it's such a no-brainer that it can't possibly be a real person asking such a stupid question (maybe once, but not twice), and yet still someone took it seriously.

6. Bzura

Bzura Member

I don't think everyone who responded was aware that the op had posted the same question before. Thank you for politely pointing that out.

7. butterbean

Actually it wasn't the op, and it may have been on the other forum, but weirdly it was worded almost the exact same. I can't find the thread to link to it, but I know it was worded very similarly. I don't think it's a coincidence though.

8. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Actually I don't run oil in my 2 stroke engines. Never did and never will. However, I do run a 100:1 mixture in my fuel!!! lol:smilielol5::smilielol5:

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

9. battery

battery Member

100:1 mixture of what if not oil? grease? sludge?

10. Bzura

Bzura Member

Cough syrup works well, and you can stretch it out to 200:1

I'll have to try grease and sludge next. Maybe I'll be able to stretch it out even further.

Haha. This thread is pretty funny. Should I start a new thread about a similar matter I've been wondering about? "What would happen if I don't put gasoline in my 2 stroke engine?" Is there a mentally challenged section of the forum that I haven't seen?

11. battery

battery Member

How bout kerosine with a high compression head?

12. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

How about a complete Zirconia ceramic engine with a diesel compression ratio and running the thing on liquid propane injection, with a liquid propane heat exchanger on the intake pipe.

It might be pipe dream, but it's a concept convertible into reality with nothing less than a great big horse-choking wedge of wonga.

13. battery

battery Member

wouldnt that be a lot of wear and tear? or would it have oil in the crank case spattering against the cylender? what about a high compression propane teflon engine? or some sort of self lubricating material? we better watch what we say were not allowed to be energy conservative.

14. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

a ceramic 2-stroke engine with not a drop of oil or water inside the engine. The technology is proven, the fuel economy improvement is proven, but i am sure the oil industry has enough muscle to make sure it doesn't happen any time soon.

15. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Unleaded, diesel, kerosene, motor-oils, plastics, are all derived from crude, the oil industry will always get it's cut.Put up some tech links to the ceramic 2-stroke engine please, I'm itchy.

16. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

17. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

18. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

LOOK, YOU *******s, I have NEVER posted this before and I don't see where its anything to laugh about......I'm am not stupid.....so **** you all....

19. daf

daf New Member

I've run my two stroke without gas before..
    But most of the time I break wind every time I hit a big bump.

20. battery

battery Member

theres no need to ask a stupid question then get all mad about it. it happens.