2006 24" Brown NE5

klinde

Local time
11:06 AM
Picked up a brown 24" NE5 this past weekend. I made me think of a question that was asked on this forum, "Where are all the Whizzers?" Man this thing is crusty from being left out in the weather for some time. Engine turns and has compression. The tank venting problem saved the tank, it's clean.

The first thing that is confirmed for me is that all 24" Whizzers are 26" bikes with 24" tires and fenders. Didn't know they made 24" NE5's.

Attachments

• 20230404_151938.jpg
    20230404_151938.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 20230404_151952.jpg
    20230404_151952.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 99
The speedo is definitely water proof but not sun proof, all of the red hash marks and the wings on the logo are gone.

Attachments

• 20230404_151917.jpg
    20230404_151917.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 74
Maroon is the color of the paint, Brown is the color of the rust :LOL:

Good score, she should be a good bike

Picked up a brown 24" NE5 this past weekend. I made me think of a question that was asked on this forum, "Where are all the Whizzers?" Man this thing is crusty from being left out in the weather for some time. Engine turns and has compression. The tank venting problem saved the tank, it's clean.

The first thing that is confirmed for me is that all 24" Whizzers are 26" bikes with 24" tires and fenders. Didn't know they made 24" NE5's.
Congrats on your new bike. You might be surprised where there is corrosion and where it weathered the storm. My new old stock 2002 24 inch bike was very clean, but for example the inside of the lighting control was toasted. I was able to disassemble it and clean the contacts and restore the turnsignals and horn. Looking forward to seeing your probress

It'll be a 2006, Whizzer came out with the Vintage Maroon NE-5 in 2006

Maroon is a cool retro color and many were glad to see it come back in 2006, the 2001 - 02 WC-1 Pacemaker 2 was Maroon
2002 Pacemaker 2 also came in Midnight Blue and Candy Apple Red

Awesome find. How much did you pay for that bike? Are you going to leave it patina or are you going to restore it?
Its going to be restored. A lot has to be replaced. I paid $450 for it. It was listed as a 99 but I noticed it had an NE5 cylinder block. I asked him to send me a picture of the data plate and it read 08/06. It is an early NE5. The frame has the attach point for the brake switch for a coaster brake. It has a band brake. No matter, all that is going.

The sun ha
Maroon is the color of the paint, Brown is the color of the rust :LOL:

Good score, she should be a good bike
The sun had a hand it the color change. I got this for my son. He's going to work with me while I do my other two bikes. More parts to gather.

In time I'll post pictures. So cool! Thanks for all the info. We're going to have a blast.

Congrats on your new bike. You might be surprised where there is corrosion and where it weathered the storm. My new old stock 2002 24 inch bike was very clean, but for example the inside of the lighting control was toasted. I was able to disassemble it and clean the contacts and restore the turnsignals and horn. Looking forward to seeing your probress
All that stuff is going to be replaced. I have some parts. I'm going to save the rusty parts, maybe someone will want to build a rat bike.

Back