212cc predators $70 free ship

I bet they got hold of a stolen credit card. They list an item to sell on eBay, get the money through Pay Pal going to one of their accounts. Then order the item and have Harbor Freight drop ship them to the eBay buyer with the stolen credit card. Sometimes they go for several days before the stolen credit card pops up. In the end, they get the money from the eBay buyers until Pay Pal catches it. The person that bought the item and do not receive will be refunded by Pay Pal at Pay Pal's expense.

This thread is actually a good warning to anyone who finds a deal too good to be true.

I've never sold anything on ebay and thought it was safe as safe can get to do business on. There's about 10 adds for 212cc predators for auction all in the 50/60/70$ range on there, I wonder if they're scams too. I'm going to have to be more careful in the future, I've used ebay alot over the years to purchase stuff.

well the good thing is if you pay with paypal and its a scam you can dispute the payment and will be refunded , still a pain but at least you wont lose out.

I noticed the same listings which adds to the oddness, all but 1 listing is from users with 0 rating on the account.

The only notable difference is they are auctions and not buy it now.

At the very minimum, of the are real listings, they would have to be a bunch of product that managed to "fall off a truck" while that big snowstorm ripped through the West Coast.

Yes, the biggest problem was that the price itself was too good to be true. Anything like that just screams dirty to me, and so I am very cautious about trusting those sorts of deals.

Back