#41 or the 415 chain.... which one is best?

I liked a single speed 20” bicycle chain the best . My first bike was bought 2011 it was a grubee Skyhawk 48 cc . I got the rag joint just right and had the small chain. Was only transportation. So I rode to a job 35 miles to work every day and 35 back every day. I did it for a month then bought a car.Well I pedaled a lot because sometimes not estimating the gas. So pedaling the big chain was harder .

I think a picture is worth, well you know. So I went and grabbed a hand-full of new sprockets from various suppliers off of my stack, and popped the cover off a new grubee gt5a "which I will be returning to motorized bikes usa". I'll share that with the forum later. Note only the two top sprockets are narrow enough to accept a 410. Most of the suppliers sprockets will not, and while the sprocket for the rear wheel supplied in the grubee kit will accept 410 the sprocket on the engine will not. It is to thick. Check the gear on the engine Carl before you go buying chain. I would love to be able to use bmx 410 and I do on the secondary chains of the jack shaft, but it's not gona work for you on the engine sprocket. Sorry about the repeat pics.. I'm kinda computer stupid so I can't figure out how to get them off.

The chain will stretch , this happened to me, just give it an hour of just slow riding .

I've posted this before, here's a basic chain size chart. The chain sizes in the rectangle will fit most stock sprockets.

Attachments

• ChainGuide_zpsid9rlwjk.jpg
    ChainGuide_zpsid9rlwjk.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 69
Looking at that chart. Why isn't #420 on the table? Sure, the pin is larger, but does that matter when the roller diameter is the same?

That said, #415H seems to be the sweet spot for most folks...

The weight of the chain would be a problem when pedaling, that’s the drawback of the 41 I run.

Back