48cc build (Little B*stard)

B.C. Rider

Local time
12:22 AM
So, i have a 48cc case and crank laying around that i stripped most of the parts for a different build. The cost of the parts to rebuild and upgrade is cheaper then a new kit, and i like to tinker with these engines. The plan is to ramp and port match the case to new jug, which im going port as much as i can with out loosing structual integrity. Then window the piston for a G2 reed and slap on a clone pipe. Also looking at a 50cc puch hi comp head, for some extra zest. 😉

So, i have a 48cc case and crank laying around that i stripped most of the parts for a different build. The cost of the parts to rebuild and upgrade is cheaper then a new kit, and i like to tinker with these engines. The plan is to ramp and port match the case to new jug, which im going port as much as i can with out loosing structual integrity. Then window the piston for a G2 reed and slap on a clone pipe. Also looking at a 50cc puch hi comp head, for some extra zest. 😉
B.C. ? Is that like British Columbia?

Yes, thats where im from(also a play on C.C. Rider). Figured id see how much power i could pull out of a legal build. (50cc limit)

Figured id see how much power i could pull out of a legal build. (50cc limit)
If you do it right, far more than people might think is possible. What >50cc engines tend to lack in "muh torques" they tend to make up for in RPM, assuming the bottom end can handle it. I've seen guys build 8hp 50cc saws that chew through 24" logs like they were barely even there at 15,000rpm.

If you do it right, far more than people might think is possible. What >50cc engines tend to lack in "muh torques" they tend to make up for in RPM, assuming the bottom end can handle it. I've seen guys build 8hp 50cc saws that chew through 24" logs like they were barely even there at 15,000rpm.
That was my thoughts with it being alot less over square then the 66cc. Does mean ill be running a 40 or 44 rear for daily use with all the hills here, but i have a 32 for testing top speed on the flat road along one of the lakes here.

That was my thoughts with it being alot less over square then the 66cc. Does mean ill be running a 40 or 44 rear for daily use with all the hills here, but i have a 32 for testing top speed on the flat road along one of the lakes here.
I will be interested to see what you end up with. Not many people tend to choose to build the smaller engines. I am a "muh torques" kind of guy and like the bigger stuff since I live in a fairly hilly area.

B.C. ? Is that like British Columbia?
Yes, thats where im from(also a play on C.C. Rider). Figured id see how much power i could pull out of a legal build. (50cc limit)
And that brings up another question to mind...Just when are you Canadians going to take Justin Bieber back to Canada and off our hands...lol...The same goes for Prince "charmless", AKA, Harry...lol...(Ps, Please take that "THING" he married with him too)...lol...Canada was their last known place of residence before they inflicted their whiny "woke" selves upon us...lol...lol.

America would thank you profusely...lol.

Ps...I'm sure they would get along famously with Justin Trudeau...lol.

I will be interested to see what you end up with. Not many people tend to choose to build the smaller engines. I am a "muh torques" kind of guy and like the bigger stuff since I live in a fairly hilly area.
Oh, same here, but my 69cc build got stolen a few months back (well over a G into the whole thing). My stock 48cc could climb the big hill home other then the first 100ft section needed me to peddle with how steep the grade was and i weigh around 250lbs.

And that brings up another question to mind...Just when are you Canadians going to take Justin Bieber back to Canada and off our hands...lol...The same goes for Prince "charmless", AKA, Harry...lol...(Ps, Please take that "THING" he married with him too)...lol...Canada was their last known place of residence before they inflicted their whiny "woke" selves upon us...lol...lol.

America would thank you profusely...lol.
1. NO, you can keep the little s**t lol

2. We're just part of the commonwealth, we have no say with that s**t XD

I find the title of this thread quite funny...lol.

48cc build (Little B*stard)​

When I was growing up, whenever I was in wicked trouble with my mother, she would always start out with,

"Robby, you little B*stard"...blah, blah, blah...lol....She said that so much I was beginning to think that was my middle name...lol.

When I got to school age, she had me "incarcerated" at Catholic School with an Irish order of nuns to "straighten" me out...lol...lol.

They never did "straighten" ME out, but I bent them out of shape quite a bit as often as I could...lol.

Ya gotta love South Boston Irish moms and nuns...lol...lol.

Back