66cc porting

At last! someone else into motocross!
I have rode a CR500 before and loved it. I wanted to buy it but didn't have the money at the time. I wound up getting an '89 CR250 and completely rebuilt it. I used to race motocross, starting on a Husky CR125 in Austin.

widening the ports increase power at mid and high rpm.
Expect 45mph as tops these can do without completely ruining the low rpm power. That's what mine does. But I cheat with a special torque pipe.

Click on my signature link and read about porting these engines.
Port the intake for a 120 degree duration and then raise the exhaust little by little (1.5mm) until it is as fast as you want it, then if it feels too weak on top (such as losing speed when going up a slight incline) then raise the transfers 1mm at a time till the top end is right and without ruining the low rpm power.

Put a good carburetor on it before you port, like a Mikuni 18mm. You will also need a Jaguar CDI and Iridium spark plug. You will also have to enlarge the balance holes in the flywheels.

Holy crap... this is amazing....if anyone is serious about squeezing everything out of your ht engine this is way to do it....Thank you so much for sharing this..

Actually it's quite dangerous to your engine and besides you need to have a good torque pipe to get anything out of a to stroke. Check out this guys stuff. There is information on how tomake a wide range torque pipe that begins to work (on the pipe) at low rpm's. Highly recommended. I have made such a pipe and it tripled output after installation. http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/index.html

Back