68.5cc - What's up with this?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Jason74, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Jason74

Jason74 New Member

My HT kit just arrived (yeah!). As I was looking at the engine I noticed that the sticker on the side of it says that it is 68.5cc. This has me concerned. I intentionally ordered the 49cc kit from Powerking to make sure that I could be completely legal.
    Did I get the wrong engine, or is this still a 49cc engine?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jason

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Powerking sells 49cc and "80cc" engines (which are about 66-68cc). They might have shipped you the wrong one. Just take the label off. A few extra cc of displacement won't hurt anything.

3. RMWdave

RMWdave Member

if its got no stamp, who says how big it is?

4. kallsop

kallsop Member

The label fell off my 80cc (66cc) engine so if I ever get pulled over, I'll say it's 48cc.

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

contact the company
    the least they should do is
    send you a new sticker stating 48cc
    MM

6. yep they sent you the wrong one.

7. Jason74

Jason74 New Member

Just Great!

I'll soon be an outlaw.

Who knows? Next I'll probably be tearing the tags off of my mattresses. Where will it end?

Jason

8. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

It can only lead to a life of crime. Riding a 69cc motorized bicycle is a "stepping stone" crime that will lead to a criminal lifestyle. I do not recommend jumping right into tearing tags off of mattresses after you complete your build. Maybe drive without wearing your seatbelt, or while talking on your cell phone before you jump right into the federal crimes like mattress tag removal!

9. havemurci

havemurci New Member

Actually, I just noticed that I have the same problem. Ordered the black 49cc kit, but the label on the engine says 68.5cc. Looking on their website, however, it seems as if the intake pipe from the carb to the engine is slightly more rounded on the 49cc model, and it is certainly rounded on my bike's engine. I think the Chinese company might make one label and put it on both models-- how would Zoombicycles make the same mistake twice?

10. Simon_A

Simon_A Member

LMFAO

11. Jason74

Jason74 New Member

For now I will just assume that I have a 49cc. However, when it comes time to order internal parts, I assume that I will need to know what I really have. Am I correct?

Jason

12. Mountainman

a good idea to know

yes a good idea to know
    and I would only order parts from the same dealer as I bought kit from

ride that thing

13. robin bird

robin bird Member

I tore the labels off my t shirts is this too a criminal offence ?? sometimes i walk on the wrong side of the road not facing traffic and sometimes j walk

14. Mountainman

one big set up for the birdman !!!

this site has been one big set up so as to BUST you the birdman
    we got him boys
    MM

15. RMWdave

RMWdave Member

DuuuuDU DUUU DUU good job flash!

16. Jason74

Jason74 New Member

Issue Resolved (I guess)!

I sent Power King an email regarding the sticker on my engine and today Ireceived the following reply. . .

Hi there Jason and thank you for your email,

I have reviewed our records and would like to confirm that you were
    shipped the 49cc bicycle engine kit package.

These engines use 6mm studs and 10mm nuts on the head of the engine.

If you do have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch
    with us at any time. I hope you have a great day ahead of you.

Regards,

Mike

So I guess this means that my outlaw days are over!

Jason

17. duivendyk

duivendyk Guest

Might it be that some tags relate to the engine volume (the total cylinder volume at BDC) and the engine specs. to the displacement?.If we designate the compression ratio as C we have V= D+D/C ,C= D/(V-D), for V=68 and D=49 we get C=2.56 which does not make sense,it could be that 68 is the displacement of a so called 80cc engine,then C works out to be 5.7,still rather low, but certainly possible.