70cc 2-stroke auto clucth electric/pull start

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by KCvale, May 5, 2016.

1. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

I got this new China 'sample' kit in today.
    It's pretty impressive, and it came with a nice installation manual.
    It's like a full size glossy magazine full of pictures.

A real 70cc size, 5hp with electric and pull start.
    Oil bath Centrifugal clutch.
    12V DC generator and regulated battery system.
    And a darn odd cylinder. The head is part of it so not removable but the spark plug is angled.
    And it's WIDE, you need to put in a wide BB axle and funky pedals.

It's begging me to be jackshafted, but to do a fair test I'll do it direct drive on a Micargi Pantera 7-speed 26" bike, picking it up today.

This will take back seat to my customer builds however...

The GT2 frame should be done today for another 4-stroke 10G long shaft shifter, and then a new electric Sun Trike shifter.

The trikes not here yet so maybe I can fit it in between them.

Two things looks for sure to be wanted, little drag while pedaling with the engine off, and with push of button you have engine power, and a reliable 12V power system for lights and other things.

Please don't ask me about pricing, I am not allowed to talk about that, but suffice it to say it is not in the Happy Times range ;-}

2. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

Some thoughts:
    You still need your lights when under pedal power, but a 12v battery charger sounds great.
    For me, here in the UK, jackshaftability is a must so you can lose the rhs chain and go road legal in 5secs.
    I would think the funny bent crank arms put an awful lot of stress on the square taper when you hit the jumps n bumps at (5hp!) speed. An ISIS or octalink would be much betterer...

What's it weigh?

3. Hello Moto!

Hello Moto! Active Member

Electric and pull start. Nice

4. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's 2 stroke? If you can post some pics of it looks as cool as it sounds then it's got to look like a gold bar :D

5. FurryOnTheInside

Pic of the kit is in the " why have things not improved " thread in general questions.

6. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

last time i looked, that pic/link was broken.

7. FurryOnTheInside

It's also in the left side freewheel thread and presumably jlzda.com website..

8. HeadSmess

server not found.... maybe im not clicking it correctly?

9. FurryOnTheInside

Idk I didn't try their site, I couldn't live with those cranks! Thats why I only said "presumably" lol. It's written all over the photo of the kit.

10. Frankfort MB's

I didn't find it either on the other forum

11. HeadSmess

what pic? the one that doesnt open?

grrrr... all smoke and mirrors until i see something...

stop telling me where the pics are and post one!

12. HeadSmess

aha. now it works.

www.jlzeda.com

[​IMG]

not very impressive. looks heavy. as kcvale said, its wide...so you need those awful bent cranks or a wide bottom bracket...

defeats the whole point of getting the HT that fits virtually anything, doesnt it?

might be ok for a little gokart or scooter though... is it worth it?

gunna be hard to do any port work on a combined head/cylinder.

note the use of the NT carb, rather than go for say, a 20mm walbro/zama with integral pump.

why cant people actually be innovative when theyre innovating?

i doubt sales will ever return the investment made in designing it...

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Hello Moto! and FurryOnTheInside like this.
  13. KCvale

Just a note, all the pics I post are on my serer, if the sever is down, my pics don't show here.

I picked up a new Macaroni Pantera from my local bike store to put this engine on.
    Here are some pics.

You can see the back of the electric start and oil batch clutch here.

[​IMG]

Both the front and rear engine mounts have 4 bolts.

Lots of wires coming out of the engine.
    They go to this box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then you have all the throttle wires that go to that box.

[​IMG]

That slide switch changes the battery between charge/light mode and start mode.

Tensioner? We don't need no stinking tensioner!

[​IMG]

So far so good.

14. KCvale

All done but the wiring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put the back rack on to hold the battery, the stock system puts it under the BB, pfftt.. The first speed bump would break it off down there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have to figure out where I want to put the electronics box, probably on those dual bars under the tank, but at least I know how much wire I have, and even have the handlebars all button up ;-}

Unfortunately I need to move this 'wild hair' build off to the side for awhile, I have been inundated with new paying work and that always comes first.

15. FurryOnTheInside

Thanks for getting it (very nearly) done so quick and giving us a chance to check it out. :)

16. Frankfort MB's

Will you be doing a video on this? I'd like to see this running, does it have the ability too be upgraded with the same stuff as the HT?
    So many ideas and so little amount of money lol;)

17. HeadSmess

the exhaust port is particularly nice for strapping on tuned pipes... do we get a shot up there at bdc to see what the inside is like?

it really is big and wide, isnt it? fairly good castings. as the foundry and pattern maker near me said...amazing how they get those fins to turn out properly. quite difficult, casting things that thin.

whats it weigh? about 15lb?

omg, did i just say lb?

~7kg

good to see they doubled up the clamps with all that weight...

can see the designers have no interaction with the MTB community, with that unified cylinder head. tough luck, people, you stay with the compression ratio WE say you have to have! hop ups forbidden strictly!

measurements across the studs? possible that its the same as the standard cylinder and head, in which case...why not just use existing parts?

bet you a new lifan 4stroke is about the same price, if not cheaper.

18. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

This looks impressive. I'd be interested in the build quality and maintenance versus the common 66cc 2-stroke and 49cc HuaSheng 4-stroke. The electrical components make it easy to register as a moped or motorcycle if needed but I figure one will only undergo the hassle for a durable motor and bike versus a budget $200 2-stroke bike.

19. KCvale

No Problem sharing what I had, but it's a 'side wild hair build' that has to go aside for now, I have another GT2 gas tank disc brake/ 10G long shaft shifter in the bay now...

[​IMG]

And this Sun on deck for a ~1KW shifting build behind it.

[​IMG]

Sure, their are plenty of hours in a day to get a lot done if I wanted to work that hard, like pumping out generic builds, but that's not me, I am way past that, I just like the really cool builds that take awhile.

Come ~2 in the afternoon it's lunch/nap time for me is all ;-}

20. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Where can i buy the pull-start and electric start and oil bathed centrifugal clutch engine.

I WANT ONE