a little input, please...

It's better to have too much than too little!!
Coaster brakes tend to lock up before they slow you down quick. I had a bike with cantilever brakes (the wire ones) and with a new set of pads you could slam the brakes at 20mph and it would lock up the wheel.... Then one day I broke the cable when some guy decided to open his door at a stop sign I was pulling up too in a bike lane..... It's a good thing I've rode dirtbikes plenty cuz if not I wouldn't have been able too bunny hop onto the curb :)

you have a girder front fork

harleys had springers, indians had girders, triumphs had springers, BSAs had girders - which two companies are still in business?

you NEED at least two brakes and two brake levers (falling over on kickstand will often break one side or the other)

you have a girder front fork

harleys had springers, indians had girders, triumphs had springers, BSAs had girders - which two companies are still in business?

you NEED at least two brakes and two brake levers (falling over on kickstand will often break one side or the other)

Please tell me something I do not know. Nothing I like better then talking old bikes as most of my living has been building and doing machine work on them! They where still all called a springer just different types.

One of my past daily riders. Built this out of spare parts.

A 1935 I built for a customer.

From my trip from Georgia to Alaska and back in just over 30 days over 10,000 miles

No kidding...

View attachment 58827

Does that use 7-speed chain, or is it wide enough for #410 chain.

That might make for a nice low cost jack shafted shifter.

I think it is a 3speed freewheel mounted on a single speed wheel with the narrower width. Note the derailleur hanger is axle mount, to retrofit to bmx/single speed frames. You see these oem mainly on children's bikes.

The funny law here says you only need a front brake to be legal got to love the government

Back