A mini chopper/no pedal/under 300cc forum?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Large Filipino, Apr 3, 2008.

Mini chopper/bike/under 300cc no pedals forum?

1. Naw. That's a whole different breed.

5 vote(s)
  2. Yes. It will bring more people here turned on to more rides..

15 vote(s)
  3. I dunno. It may be a conflict of interest.

2 vote(s)
  4. I don't vote in polls.

1 vote(s)
  1. There was some discussion not a whole lot about having a forum that expands the fun toys out there to include mini choppers,mini bikes,go peds..anything with no pedals under 300cc. Tom suggested a possibility if there's a large interest here.
    Personally I think they are almost derivatives to our motor-sport and I want to see gaucho's bikes,man,so here's a poll.

2. sparky

sparky Active Member

I *really* don't vote in polls I don't have a good enough opinion worth voicing.

I *do* know that graucho has made some BEAUTIFUL bikes, however.
  3. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

im all for it! i want to share some secrets about my minibike!!!!
  4. who_am_i_again?

who_am_i_again? New Member

personnally,i have some q's about a techumse engine i have!(yes i know,wrong place)it has 14hp and is yeller!it woulh be perfect for a mini chopper because of the sound
  5. BSA

BSA Guest

It could be a great side section to the website. Wouldn't want it to take center stage however. I know two people already who would join the forum if there was a pocket bike section.

6. sparky

sparky Active Member

I'm more turned on by this idea now.

Just give 'em their own section for "Other motored bikes & scooters" & let the discussions rip. It's simple mathematics: more heads are better than less heads; more ideas are better than less ideas.
  7. graucho

graucho Active Member

So many of my mini chopper ideas carry over to motoredbiking. This is a motored "BIKE" site, but, theres a big world out there with secrets to a lot of your questions about gearing, clutches, HP, sprockets, belt drives, welding tips, 49cc electric start, frame customization. Also ive learned things from here, that have crossed over to the mini chopper world. In my opinion, this site must stay "in-tach" with maybe a single section on mini chopper-pocket bike- scooters-mopeds. This link could be a huge learning link on mods for those who are stumped, or need a fresh idea from "outside of the box" We may even pick up another thousand members that cross over to Motoredbicycling. Like me. O ya, I think we should keep it under 250cc 8.5hp
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  8. sparky

sparky Active Member

EXACTLY what graucho said!
  9. Yes Graucho. YES!

Who knows what else is out there.

I mean soon someone's gonna see something and BANG! You have a multi geared happy time made with household parts no freewheel crank no jack shaft that anyone can duplicate.
    (and we will be a better forum than that...never mind) :grin:

I wonder if an under 50cc mini chopper or moped is out there with a 3 speed tranny if the entire assembly is skinny enough to fit in a bicycle frame and keep the pedals and still be not a moped...
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2008
  10. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

under 49cc & pedals for me, i thought thats what we were all about? how about another .com site for that with a link here to it?
  11. True but there's just a few .com sites that cater to mini choppers.
    Actually searching found only two that has it as a sub forum that don't discriminate.
    And none of them have merged them all together.....maybe it's just too radical of an idea..
  12. graucho

graucho Active Member

Quote by Large Filiphno
    Who knows what else is out there.
    I wonder if an under 50cc mini chopper or moped is out there with a 3 speed tranny if the entire assembly is skinny enough to fit in a bicycle frame and keep the pedals and still be not a moped...[/QUOTE]

Tons of stuff 49cc 4 speed auto, 4 speed manual. The frames would need modifications.

Attached Files:

13. Okay we need this as a sub forum no?
  14. reclaimer

reclaimer Guest

I think this is a great idea. I'd love to see those kinds of builds.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2008
  15. sparky

sparky Active Member

Not all of us. Some people like 90cc Hondas on a Schwinn Stingray... others prefer no pedals. Some prefer motored trikes over motored bikes. I personally have a 50cc limit w/ pedals in my head for right now, but it's not always going to be like this.

We're only talking about adding one forum that contains all "non-pedal" bikes, trikes, scooters, or whatever. I see tons of non-pedal bikes that are made from bicycles already on this forum... now they'll have a home here. Worst case scenario is that the mods will have extra work moving things around, but we can all help with that too. We'll definitely be moving people closer toward both ends of the motored bike spectrum, but the clincher is getting those "bigger" guys' secrets to trannies, frame building, etc.
  16. Right now we have so many mods were almost competing with each other HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  17. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Well, there are forums out there that cater to a wide variety of topics and sub topics, for instance, chinese scooters with separate cc classes from 50-500, non-chinese scooters, mopeds,motorcycles etc. This is the original motored bike forum...there was nowhere before this however, it has grown so rapidly that if we don't allow for expansion of ideas and out of the box thinking, it could explode! Maybe we need some new ideas otherwise, we'll remain static and eventually go the way of the dinosaur...my .02 cents.
  18. Yes. I agree. This is growth. This is commuter ways to get to work. This is 100 mpg.
    This is about legal. It's about cool.
  19. jim_himself

jim_himself Member

I agree completely with what graucho, I love all small motor vehicles.
    I think it would bring even more people to this already fantastic forum
  20. chefdouglas

chefdouglas Member

I like the idea about expanding to a new area but 300cc is a full motorcycle or quad engine. I think 125cc may be a limit that would/could keep the forum from becoming a recreational vehicle page and keeping it closer to its roots while inviting new members with new skills and ideas. My 2 cents.