How to build the Utopian Motorized Bicycle Forum

JANUARY UPDATE

Little did we know, back in early October 2006 how cool the forum would and could get.

Yesterday a liabilty issue came up, somebody claiming addiction to MB.com causing a kitchen fire.

Apologies for the wordiness, call it unbridled enthusiasm. With very little predictabilty, the thing has taken on a social function, with first time reunions being in the works.

I have yet to post a poll, but think Tom would appreciate some feedback on "the next steps". Before I post my first, and EVERYBODY KNOWS MY LIMITATIONS, I'd like it to be as inclusive and helpful as I could, with your help.

"The best part of MB.com is"

a: Social & Entertainment
b: Troubleshooting and Ideas to Co-opt/Improve
c: Expandability
d: Trading parts in house
e: Virtually watching Cookie pull her hair out in frustration
f:

"The next feature I'd like to see is"

a: Trusted user area- where addresses and phone numbers could be posted.
b: Pay pal- for flea market, charity, paying augie for the two gallons of gas I owe him.
c: A "link-to" area, where things can be posted in house, then linked in the posting as opposed to taking up space in the topic itself.
d: "chat room"- ty Cookie and Aug
e:
need to buy a number and letter stamp set and stamp " 48cc "
We need "ID's".
f:
g:

"The best thing members could do to improve the site is"

a: Editing old TOPIC HEADLINES" to make ease of navigation
b: Sorting technical into "gas/air/spark" for engines (motors?), "frame/tire/accessories" for bikes. In otherwords, change the topic to start with one of those six trigger words, eg GAS-80 cc carb, GAS-correct mix GAS-don't use ethanol.
c:
d:
e:

This is the second time I've written this post this morning, last time it got lost on "preview". The one I lost was more concise, humorous, but wthell.

If Tom is going to cause apartment fires and divorce, he might as well get some feed back on how to better break up relationships and feed the MB addiction dragon. :D

site up grade

One thing I wish we had was a chat room rather than a bulletin board I sign on at night and look at the bottom of the page and see a bunch of us on but we can not just "talk" or arrange to have a "lets all meet at 9 and chew the fat" I know aol and yahoo have free chat pages for non members all we have to do is e mail the site and download the chat room .

Cookie

this isn't a disagreement, cookie, i love chatting with my internet radio friends...we talk about "whatever" while we all enjoy the tunes :)

here, i bet we'd lose out on a LOT of good info that would just scroll on by & be gone forever :(

but...if anyone wanted to try a chat social-gathering, i'd give it a shot 8)

I am talking social chatting the teck stuff is to important not to put on the board we all benifit from the "omg it broke" even though I end up pulling my hair out at times but it feels so good when a fellow rider can get back on their ride AKA sideshow :D :D :D he had me almost bald :LOL: :LOL: .

cookie

Cookie, and anyone else interested...

my internet-radio friends have a chat room we'd be more than welcome at.

go here: http://www.irock109.com/sched20070108.php
and check the time that "matty grant" is hosting his "extreme velocity" show on saturday...
he's a gearhead and loves our bikes, his show is all about "driving" tunes (lowrider, radar love, etc...), we'll fit right in 8)

i've spoken with matty about this, he says "bring it on!"

i'll be there, hope you will too :)

Utopian? I can see a network of wide meandering alternative transportation pathways and byways to complement our huge superhighway infrastructure. Imagine all manner of folk walking, skating, riding their bikes, trikes, cyclotrucks motorized and not to work, shopping and play. Not just around town but linking communities with alternatives. Reducing our dependence on oil, biodiesel motorized bikes, electric, however a human may roll with dignity. I hope that we can begin to discuss the societal aspects and impacts of our actions. It may not be as far fetched as it sounds.

wheels

http://www.pps.org/
http://www.itdp.org/
http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/59190

If you don't want to get caught riding an illegal 80cc kit you need to buy a number and letter stamp set and stamp " 48cc " on the bottom of the engine case . It should confuse them long enough for you to make a clean getaway ......D.J.

many high fives, wheels :D

my area, a peninsula, is on a 3-year campaign of getting bike-lanes everywhere...our new bicycle shop will be a major contributor to that community effort 8)

personally, i'm getting a little tired of, and disgusted with, hearing about plug-in air fresheners. young people are dying because this country squanders energy, it's time we form a tangible "front" and do something about it :devilish:

Sounds like you have progressive leadership in local government, infrastructure is key. Looking forward to hearing more about the shop.

wheels

Back