About to make my orders for first build, just a few questions.

Chasekbham

Local time
7:57 PM
Hello! I'm looking to order a motor and bike in the next day or so for my first build.
Been doing some research but was just hoping for some feedback before I place my order.
The motorkit I'm looking at is from bicycle motor works:
https://bicyclemotorworks.com/product/ported-engine-kit-wupgrades/

And the bike is a Hyper beach cruiser:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-26...hguid=07e0008f-aa7-166f1850ea7a82&athena=true

I am looking to get a set of good screws I found a full set at bike berry, but would like to order from somewhere else if anyone has a suggestion.

Ive also found a hub adapter that works with the standard 9 hole sprocket. Does anyone have any experience with this part?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-1-5-...m=263894947168&_trksid=p2056116.c100935.m2460

Also, any other upgrades you guys recommend I do right off the bat?
Thanks!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
1. If you can take the engine to Walmart to try to fit it to the bike before buying the bike. Make sure you bring something to protect the bike from chipping as you try to fit
2. Stock chain tensioner is a point of many disasters. Look to upgrade to something more robust and doesn't pivot around one point
3. CNC hub adapter is a good idea as you will like to center the motor forces as much as possible on the Walmart wheel hub
4. Local hardware or Ace hardware has individual metric nuts and bolts for you in different grades

Forgot to mention that i ordered that same kit and billet head last week, getting delivered today, presale customer service was excellent, answered all my questions, fast shipping.

- Motor fits with tons of room on that frame. It's great for the price. Things to look out for are chain>chainstay clearance (may have to move washer on axle and adjust wheel center) and repack the wheel bearings with good quality grease.

- On the Hyper rear hub with that adapter you may have to sand/mill a bit of the connecting face of the adapter to get it to fit or else it may slip. Don't remember which but either the adapters are slightly over 1.5" or the Hyper Hubs are slightly under...I just know that the last two Hypers I used those adapters on I had to do that but on the Huffy I didnt. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't so measure first with a caliper and make sure the closed adapter diameter is just under the hub diameter. Make sure adapter and hub surface have been cleaned with brake cleaner or something to remove all oil and grease to prevent slipping.

- Add a front brake. Just a coaster is not enough to safely stop a bike from 20mph let alone 30+. I use the Tektro long pull Cruiser front brake caliper with Eagle Claw 2 pads on my cruisers. Standard/BMX size calipers will not reach around the tire and will likely have too short of a through-bolt to work.

- That motor looks like it already has the upgraded allen hardware and thicker 8mm mount studs.

Grease up the chain . i dropped 2 tablespoons of oil in my sparkplug hole .it wouldnt start before that . loctite . i use red rtv on the head gasket and exhaust manifold and intake gasket . my firat build was yesterday . when you think you have the rag joint good tighten and true again as my instruction manual calls for no more then a 1.5mm +or - . my chain bound up alot . take your time and check and recheck . tuning hub and a spring tension are my next addon and i believe are essential .. Ha e fun they start up so easy. Peace my friend ...illusion..

Left work after 2 hours to ride my bike lol 39 yrs old and skippi g out on work to ride a bicycle . all is ok just doesnt seem to ha e alot of power but hoping thags bc its not broke in . gonna check the forum for low power threads

if your not getting the power you would like you could be running too rich on fuel and 4 stroking is usually the cause on these motors the stock exhausts usually have too much back pressure and cause it too load up on unbernt fuel also they say you should check your head bolts and torque them to 10 -12 foot pounds a loose head can cause power loss i had a head loose that cause low power and it didn't even look like it was leaking out

Back