ACME Siren Whistle

gearhead437

Local time
5:26 PM
Dear Fellow Motorheads,
Besides my bulb and Airzounds pneumatic horm, I just purchased an ACME Siren Whistle from an online source. E-Bay has many of them, but they are overpriced by at least $20.00. Here's the link to the one that I purchased for around $50.00 with S/H. Supposedly , the Bobbies in England have used these for over 100 years:

Here's what it sounds like:)

Gearhead437

We had plastic whistles like that when I was a kid. Sounded just like that. I'm sure that one would sound better in a side by side comparison though

Might just get you and your bike some interest from Law Enforcement imitating a siren..... good luck with that one.

In mansplaining terms, it's the backup to the friendly bulb horn and the warning120dB air horn. I'd much rather have a driver or pedestrian notice me over not and a collision resulting. I've had multiple horns on various cars over the years with positive results.-Gearhead437

I've been considering wiring a horn on my bike.
For your BT since it's got a 65w stator supporting a 12v 7ah battery
12v 1.5a scooter horn is whatcha want They're not expensive either,

That's the horn I got on my Whizzer

I wonder when the BT is gonna offer a wiring harness so a head light, turn signals, stop/tail light and horn can be hooked up easily to that engine,
Maybe I should corner the market and offer a complete 12v wiring harness lighting & horn kit for the BT, I bet it will sell like Hot Cakes,
until China copies it :LOL: and sells it too

The Airzounds 120dB air horn works great off of a 80 pound compressed air bottle that's filled up by a bike pump. I've used one for years on my Grubbee 49cc motorized bike, which is why I installed one on my 66cc bike:)-Gearhead437

Back