ADARacing...great parts, lousy personality

Status
Not open for further replies.
problem is this: CC company "thinks" the transaction is active and pending, waiting for ADA to claim the funds...i need ADA to inform them this isn't gonna happen, or the company will hold the money for 6 days...day-4 is upon us. i can "stop" the payment that's not going to occur anyway, but for a fee.

this is a debit card, govt issued, for direct deposit of (veteran) benefits...works flawlessly as a mastercard debit, can be a problem when used as credit, i told ADA this during our first call...

that was back when i still wanted to buy their product.

Last edited:
"Claiming funds"? Never heard of that. Nice bank. With us, a CC charge gets deposited at the time of the transaction. Theres no 'broker'. CC charge + cc deposit into my account. Same for processed refunds.

Never heard of that one. Time for a new bank card. Tell them that and watch 'em jump.

Heres my position:
If a refund is due, but there are funds 'pending', then issue the customer a credit, the 'pending funds' when they arrive, will cover the refund, so the retailer is not out a 'double' refund.

Although this morning, for the first time in 10 years, I had paypal place a hold on some funds that apparently the originators bank reversed. 6 days after the purchase, and 2 days after the items were delivered to the purchaser. Seems the buyer tried to pull a fast one. 10 minutes on the phone with PayPal, giving tracking and delivery conformation instantly gave me my money back. So, I guess funky bank policies are now the norm for Americans.

Last edited:
"claim" wasn't the correct term, but the cc is waiting for ada to complete the transaction, ada said (initially) the transaction wasn't approved, but apparently it was their checkout process that's screwy, otherwise my company would have released the money, which they are still poised to do...ada's computers never asked for it, so there it sits.

when you have a lousy credit & banking history (altho from the far distant past), and receive govt benefits, your options are limited...in most cases this card has been a blessing.

yep, today's banks are surely "all that"...it's only about $60 but right now someone's making interest off my money, they'll gladly hold it just as long as they can. combine it with the hundreds maybe thousands of nickle-dime instances going on and it adds up.

Last edited:
the funds have reappeared on my card-balance...end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back