Antique/vintage frame with most room for mounting engine?

Spicy McHaggis

Local time
4:16 AM
Hey all.

Wondering if you could provide some vintage bike makes and their models that offer the most room for mounting an engine?

There’s so many options I’m not sure where to start!

Thanks!
Andy

The most spacious frames are probably older road bikes. Alot of classic cruiser bikes aren't very spacious. The Columbia Sterling (early 60s cruiser) I have has a good amount of space. People have also had luck with most of the old Murray cruisers.

I always thought a old Schwinn was pretty strong, alot stronger than an old Huffy and way stronger than todays bikes

As kids Schwinn was the bike to jump and make into a BMX bike because besides the frame being stronger the forks were stronger too

The tubing is thick, but its only 1010 steel. Old schwinns tend to be tougher just because of how thick the walls are. The steel is not very strong, and it was made up for by just making it an 1/8th inch thick.

I'm splitting hairs though. The real problem is that there isn't much room in the frame.

Schwinn was the frame of choice for a Whizzer Engine

Schwinn even made a HD frame, wheels and forks, just for the Whizzer motor kit
WZ-507 and the S -10 was another

The WZ-507 bike and the Whizzer engine kit were sold together, the customer had to install the motor kit
WZ-507 was also sold with the Marman motor kit

Back