Anybody know about Chinese Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.bikeengines.com

no "dash"

This is the site of "GEBE" [Golden eagle bicycle engines]

Many use the HS 142 motor, however it is available in several different configurations.

We only supply the HS 142 motor with the 15.8 MM to our dealers.

We are currently working on adapters to install the Q-Matic drive on the HS motors with the short tapered shaft, but still waiting on estimates for production costs.

Have fun,

I got a trike and limited to size of sprocket curently running 8mm chain and gears to compensate my motor is rear mounted I was using the HS short shaft from Dax until now seems I cant get the motor anymore do you have any sugestions. THANKS

Why am I not suprised. Seems like everywhere ya turn these days, someone
out to get ya with a bait & switch ad. My grocer does it on a weekly basis.
Confusing ain't it Quenton. That's 3 outfits with similar names. It's kinda
like the Chinese knock-off of Lifesavers Being Lifehealth with the same basic
wrapper.
:confused:

Last edited:
The HS 142 is a legal clone of an earlier Honda 50 CC motor. The current Honda shares many parts with the HS 142, however the Torque, HP, and compression ratio are higher on the current Honda version.

We have test both motors and although the Honda is far more expensive [twice as much], are tests have shown both motors work WELL.

Have fun,

Thanks for the info Quenton I always new that they were almost identical but after many decades you think honda would be able to lower their prices

It would be nice if honda would lower prices, but don't hold your
breath. As far as function is concerned the only difference from the
HS is that the HS has more compression. While hondas have
compression relief on starting, you may have to lean into to an
HS a bit more on starting. Not a big deal once you get the HS broken
in. They both seem to have a flimsy choke lever. I replaced mine
with one I made from a bit of brass, but,( though I dread using the
name), Boy-Go-Fast has 'em cheaper than honda.
You can get a lot of miles from a properly broken-in HS, but running
one wide open for any length of time is a really bad idea. Stay within
7000 rpm except to accelerate, and that engine should last a good
long while.

Hi everyone,

Just a few comments. We [EZM] own several proto-types for testing. We have 2 bikes with the Honda GXH50 [one in CA, and one in NC], At least 4 bikes with HS 142 motors [two in CA, and two in NC], 2 bikes with the 99 CC HF predator, and one with the 79 CC HF greyhound. I only mention this information to assure everyone our results are from ACTUAL tests.

The 49 CC HS 142 is faster than the Honda GXH50. The reason is because of a larger main jet in the carburetor [2 sizes larger]. The Honda has more bottom end torque. Both have equal top end speeds if the main jet is increased in the Honda.

The Honda higher compression often causes the rope starter to "jerk" back during starting. You can easily notice the Honda pulls harder to start.

Both motors will "scatter" if run above 9000 RPMs for an extended period of time [so will your car]. The Honda will not live any longer than the HS if run well above redline [redline is 7800 RPMs].

One of our owners has over 14,000 miles on the HS motor, and still runs like new. One of our test bikes has over 7000 miles and has the HS motor.

When "geared" correctly either motor should last a very long time on a motorbike.

Although I have both the Honda and the HS motors on test bikes, I normally ride the bike with the HS motor, as it starts easier and cruises at a slightly higher speed.

Considering the test bikes have well over 20,000 miles [total] without any issues, makes me wonder if it is worth the extra cost of the Honda. After all you can almost buy 2 HS motors for the price of the Honda [like buying one and getting one free].

If anyone needs any help with these motors, just ask.

Have fun,

Quenton,
After the shaft debacle, I've finally got my HS setup ready via a $135
staton adapter i shouln't have needed. I wondered if you had any input
on how best to break in the HS 142?

Just be sure to take it easy for the first couple of hours. I normally vary the speed a lot during break-in. I usually ride the bike at 20 MPH for about 2 min., then at 25 MPH for a couple more min., then 30 MPH for another couple of min. Then I slow to 25 MPH, for a couple of min, then 20 MPH for a couple of min, etc.

Be sure to change the oil at 50 miles [approx 3 hours running time.

If the motor is broke-in correctly it will have more power and run much better.

Have fun,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back