Anybody know about Chinese Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
bike-engines.com

I need to buy a tapered shaft replacement motor and can't find one in stock. Was glad to see the thread saying that bike-engines.com sells them, but I can't find bike-engines.com. What's up with that? Anybody know where I can score tapered shaft HS? thanks chaz

An outfit called Bike-engines.com,(not to be confused with
bicycle-engines.com), is offering the attached 142 short shaft for
$150 free shipping out of Colo. Sprs.,Colo. They say they are part
of OBN which is a huge Japanese multinational corp. If that's true,
they certainly have the juice to undersell the various small time
outfits. this engine comes with clutch & carb, but no muffler. I just
saw the ad and don't really know anything about them. Having
just been burned by a picture of what I thought I was getting, I'm
hesitant to endorse the ad, but I have made an inquiry seeking
assurance that what I see would be what I'd get. If they really are
part of OBN, the small vendors are in deep dodoo. It will be like
a mom & pop store trying to compete with Walmart.

You were typing in the wrong address. It's not bike-engines.com, it is bicycle-engines.com! But they aren't selling that engine right now anyway.

Dax (www.thatsdax.com) sells 3 versions of tapered shaft HS, but you'll have to call him to see if he has one in stock. Number on his site.

DAX sells 3 versions? I know of the reg titan and the super titan, whats the 3rd?

Dax did sell the tapered shaft as a part for titan. Don't know if he
has any on hand.

I just installed a Hua Sheng on a customer build. Installed a pulse fuel pump, which works fine, but I popped the valve cover off to install a pump fitting and it looks to me like it's getting NO OIL up top to the lifters. All I saw was a little assembly grease. I left off the cover, started it, and still no oil going to the top end. This can't be normal, lifters need oil.
Can anybody tell me whats up with this engine?
Big Red.
Sorry, I mean rocker arms.

Last edited:
Gee rawly, THAT was helpfull, glad you figured that out for me. (I hope you were just kidding around.)
At least you could have tried to help BEFORE you started in on "Chinese garbage". Of course it's Chinese crap, MOST of the engines you can put on a bike are Chinese. About the only other options you have for bicycle engines are genuine Honda (expensive,) or Morini, (even more expensive.) Even the Predator Harbor Freight engine is made in China.
Like I said, I HOPE yer just funnin with me. But next time PLEASE try to be helpfull first.
But at least you got back to me and I thank you for that. No one else has so far. On THIS site anyway.
Big Red.

HS is a good motor for the money, don't believe anything less. The 37cc livefastmotors has for sale is on my radar. $165............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back