Anyone else had this problem

dougsr.874

Local time
12:03 PM
Several months ago, as a complete novice, I ordered a so called 80cc engine from a place called BiketoMoped.com...after several days of cussing and wondering if I was gonna go mad, I got the engine installed and got it started...I immediately noticed fuel mixture leaking from between the engine case halves underneath the muffler....this problem became increasely worse and the vendor sent me another engine and I paid the freight...the second engine would not start at all...I eventully found that the crankshaft seal behind the coils was leaking so badly that the engine simply would not run...Since then I have found this forum and I have also SEARCHED IN VAIN for an instruction manual showing how to disassemble these engines...So now I have two worthless pieces of junk...I am somewhat mechanically inclined but I need pictures and guidance.....Any comments would be appreciated....

my centrifugal fastening bolt was regular right threads I split the case and did a rebuild on an engine the distributer did'nt want to put time into. Turns out it must be a week magnet. but mine was right threaded lefty loosey!

maybe i missed it, but in case you missed it...

the multi-purpose puller will take that small gear right offa there.

Last edited:
Yea, just flip the puller over and use the small threads and install the center bolt from that side. Make sure you get the puller in all the way I had one pull the threads out of the gear. It is a smooth slight tapered shaft with a wood-ruff key. Have fun, Dave

Back