Anyone ever see a bike like this?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Warner, May 12, 2009.

1. Warner

Warner Member

I was coming back from downtown Chicago yesterday morning when I saw this on the side of Ontario and Rush St. I was in the car in traffic, so the camera phone photo was all I could get. It's not the best photo in the world, for sure. Hopefully you can make it out's a bicycle (I THINK!) that's styled like a cafe' racer motocycle and it looks like a small displacement engine - I couldn't tell as I drove past if it actually has pedals or not....but it sure looks cool! I like the wheels, almost looks like the tires could conceivably be DOT approved. Anyone know what this sucker is?

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009

2. kitcarguy

kitcarguy Member

it just looks like a moped to me
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Can't help ya...

But it is a cool bike, isn't it?
  4. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

In my humble opinion...

I am thinking it is a moped as well, the headlight looks to good on there!
  5. motoronbike

motoronbike New Member

Looks like a moped to me too. some have mag wheels
  6. beast775

beast775 Guest

60s puch moped,or any style like that.very nice probably a member of moped army.
  7. sjackson

sjackson Member

yeah that's a moped with a top tank. peds are huge amongst the hipster crowd in the city these days. There's a couple big "gangs" that ride around: peddy cash and murder club. They do a lot of aftermarket mods to the bikes that make them look almost unrecognizable. although, it also bears a resemblance to the honey bee:

different tank & bars... but the seat and engine look similar. I doubt that's it though.

edit: nevermind, that's not the honeybee. suspension on this bike is way beefier.
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  8. Jax Rhapsody

Jax Rhapsody Member

I was thinking a modded Puch or Moby
  9. Junster

Junster Member

Not sure of the make but I just saw that exact front end on a site avail for separate order. I didn't mark it cause the headlight looked out of place in the pic. Now seeing it on a bike it looks pretty good. I just tried to find it but I erased my online history last night. So I unfortunatly I have no idea what site I saw it on. There's a good chance it was on a ebay pocket bike store.
  10. Waterfowl

Waterfowl MBc-Sponsor

Sounds like the story line from a bad movie.
  11. sjackson

sjackson Member

think quadrophenia but with hipsters instead of mods. these guys can be a nuisance, especially when they have their big group rides. Clouds of blue smoke everywhere.