Auger powered scooter project

GW's Motorized

Local time
11:45 AM
I finally started to finish work in my auger powered scooter. I've had this thing for a year now and I am now going to finish it. It has been sitting in the corner of my shop for a while an I decided I should finish it. I so far haven't spent a dime on this project. The scooter I pulled from the trash, the auger I used the engine from my dad gave to me because he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it(the carby rattled loose during operation), and the seat post I welded on was from a bike that was given to me.

I am currently putting a chainsaw exhaust on it to get better exhaust flow, but I need to port match the exhaust. I will possibly buy a cheap expansion pipe and make the necessary adjustments to have it work the way it should.
20230625_185029.jpg

Sorry for the messy work bench 😅

Will a BoFeng carby work on this?

Will a BoFeng carby work on this?

In theory I don't see why not, but you might want to invest in a jet kit.

Cool project. If I were you I would reinforce the seat tube a little bit. Maybe a flat bar up the back of the square tube stock, cut the leftover round tube to match the angle and weld on both ends... but maybe that's just me.

Is there any internal gear reduction or is the final gear ratio derived purely from the sprocket sizes / wheel size?

How big is the motor? You might need the smallest jet available for it.

You might have to use a saw carb, depends on where you draw the fuel from.

In theory I don't see why not, but you might want to invest in a jet kit.

Cool project. If I were you I would reinforce the seat tube a little bit. Maybe a flat bar up the back of the square tube stock, cut the leftover round tube to match the angle and weld on both ends... but maybe that's just me.

Is there any internal gear reduction or is the final gear ratio derived purely from the sprocket sizes / wheel size?
It does have internal gear reduction, I have no clue what the reduction is though. I did plan on reinforcing the seat post better, I just got hot in my welding gear and decided I was done with the welder for the day.
How big is the motor? You might need the smallest jet available for it.

You might have to use a saw carb, depends on where you draw the fuel from.
I have thought of a saw carb too, I have one I was going to try, but I'd prefer the less touchy BoFeng. The motor is 52cc. I've pulled one apart before, they have a pop up piston, but if I remember right the ports could use some work. If the gear reduction is similar to the auger it is supposed to have 45 foot pounds of torque.

It does have internal gear reduction, I have no clue what the reduction is though. I did plan on reinforcing the seat post better, I just got hot in my welding gear and decided I was done with the welder for the day.

I have thought of a saw carb too, I have one I was going to try, but I'd prefer the less touchy BoFeng. The motor is 52cc. I've pulled one apart before, they have a pop up piston, but if I remember right the ports could use some work. If the gear reduction is similar to the auger it is supposed to have 45 foot pounds of torque.
Maybe 4.5 ft/lbs of torque. I stock 212 has 9.

Back