Australia 66cc Legal if peddling ?

Yup,I am aware of 2 boys around age 15 or so (at a guess) that hoon up and down (what we would consider) a busy road, no helmets, weaving in and out of traffic and on one occasion I saw them ride the wrong way thru/around a round-a-bout.

I forgot to say, Kudos to the OP for showing a level of maturity beyond his years :)

Lord only knows that when they get hit and killed it will be a front page spread in the local rag

and the result will be even more draconian legislation that won't stop any future juvenile events from occurring, because those boys didn't obey the normal road rules in the first place, and they wouldn't obey future draconian legislation.
The only people such laws have an impact upon is responsible citizens who become overnight criminals when politicians move the goal posts with legislation that is out of touch with the vast majority of responsible citizens, of which those citizens do not need the old rules and regulation to protect themselves, nor do they need new laws and legislation to protect themselves.

I really wish for things to change for the better but experience tells me that is unlikely,

I also wish for the law to be sensible and respectful to responsible citizens, but i agree that things won't change until a revolution allows sensible change.

I shall wish you hassle free travels

I wish you the same; running the gauntlet of idiotic road rules and regulations that are not reflective of the low levels of risk attached to being a responsible citizen.

Before I was 15-1/2 I must have had 10 tickets for driving a Honda ct 70 on the roads, it was a rite of passage, A badge of honor. Spent many many Saturdays cleaning up trash to pay my fines. Fergetaboutit!

Sorry to drag this old thread up again. What i find really interesting is how the Police VicPol don't seem to worry about mobility Scooters and electric wheelchairs. And yet some of these can be a lot faster than the motorized bikes. Why one law for one and not the other.

Moblity scooters have an exemption that allows them to be used on footpaths (sidewalks) so long as they do not travel faster than 10 k/ph (6 m/ph) but i know, and we all know, that mobility scooters operate much faster than 10 k/ph, and some of the folks drive their scooters like racing cars in and around pedestrian traffic.
If you are in their way on a footpath, you better leap for your life, because they will run over you, without the slightest amount of remorse for their actions.

Makes me wonder why we can't get an exemption for our motorised bicycles.

hey im just curious, is it still illegal to use internal combustion engines in qld? I am 17 and about to put together my 66cc bike kit and im stressing hardcore im going to get instantly pulled over and fined a big one ($200+).

The thing is ive already payed for the kit and s**t, im thinking of going full stealth with aftermarket muffler and padding for the internals of the engine case and maybe sand down the chain if that even helps silence it.

Back