bad vibrations

cspaur13

Local time
2:04 AM
i just got my 2 stroke 80cc engine last week and ive only rode it for like an hour but everytime i hit about 27-30mph everything on the bike shakes offf. like the gas tank slides and the washers and nuts come off the motermount and the chain gaurd bracket fall off and its ****ing me off. whats a way to make the engine vibrate less. ive got a boost bottle but i havent installed it yet. will it help.

Welcome to what it's all about!! :devilish:

seriously....don't push a NEW engine quite so hard..... It will get better after you run a few tanks of fuel through it.

in the meantime....carry a few tools with ya.

good luck

yeah, i just got a new 66 (ur 80cc is actually 66cc)

and its vibrating like crazy.

just got to tighten everything up every couple of days, use locktight, spring washers etc.

I am yet to have anything come off.

That said, im trying to be nice to the engine for the break in period. The few times when i have really let it go (and **** you feel it coming from a 49cc originally) i have backed off very rapidly.

my first engine i thrashed the **** out of, it hasnt died, but it aint healthy, so with this second one, gonna take my time and be gentle with it :D

Already run ~4-5 litres through it and still doin 16-1 and being nice, think i give it another couple of litres before i up it to 20-1

Loctite

Ceaspar13, what you should have done in the first place is to use liquid blue loctite on every single nut and bolt you see, now spend some time and take off a bolt or nut and loctite it and tighten down firmly one at a time.but not too tight as these bolts will strip.
The vibration is normal ,it will get better soon.
P.S dont loctite the head bolts, get or borrow a good torque wrench and tighten those down to about 9-10ft lbs and check it again after a couple of weeks of riding.

Last edited:
thanks. i've been checking to make sure there tight everytime and im trying not to ride it into the ground. im keeping it under 20 mph for the breakin period. so far i havent lost anything else.

Back