Bad vibrations

Hi Ron -

I also agree that vibration *should not* be an issue. I wish it were like that. With the many bike designs, I maintain that some frame designs and tubing thickness contribute more to vibrations than other designs and tube thickness. My bike just happens to be a good transmitter because it has tubes that can be flexed rather easily. The engine is locked to the tubes, but nothing is locking the tubes from flexing. I hope to arrest engine movement with the wire tie-downs. I will let you know what happens.

MikeJ

As with me, bad vibrations are usually caused by a chain/sprocket alignment that is very slightly untrue. It can be hard to be sure, even if youve done it a lot of times before, because even an impercievably small difference, on a frame thats a good transmitter like you say, can cause a huge difference.

I also found it helpful to oil my chain, grease my sprocket and bucking bar, adjust my wheels bearing nut tension (was slightly too tight), and check all bolts not just the mounting bolts. I for example think on mine that I had an ever so slightly lose exhaust over time.

If your wheel isnt wobbling and is true with well adjusted bearings, everythings tight and oiled, and you're still getting vibration, then you might be correct that the frame is just not suitable.

As much as these kits would aim to work with 'any' frame, I'm currently on my third frame for one engine to find one that would work ideally.

Back