DIY brake light lever activation switch

Nice build, Urban Fatbiker!! You put some serious thought and TLC into that bike-Gearhead437
I blew some brain cells, it got me playing with engines,,I learned how to weld and fabricate building it.
Put it aside for years, then put it on a different bike.

I still got it stripped and simplified, my bro ran this thing every day for months till the crankshaft snapped.
20230703_153535.jpg

Just took a pic of my old lever. Still using one on my ebike just like this, cause its already got one for the bafang. Works fine.
20240322_181912.jpg

I love that, it's got a redneck steampunk feel to it. I bet it motored along pretty good too. I was thinking of doing something like that using a pocket wheel as the roller.
If I did a reduction drive again, I wouldn’t use bike chains and sprockets, it smokes them. I’d get a month on one b4 it was trash. After I did the direct drive with a .850” goped roller I got hooked. Yes bro broke it but that little 25cc should be saluted, it was a soldier I put thru hell after I smoked my first Ryobi power-coasting. Yep, what did I learn? A two-stroke is a good brake for ONE long hill. Not two.

I’m building one from scratch using a 27cc Troy-built with a Zenoah faceplate and goped clutch for my throw-in-truck cheap lite weight ride. Buzzbike the sequel, weedeater bikers unite!

If I did a reduction drive again, I wouldn’t use bike chains and sprockets, it smokes them. I’d get a month on one b4 it was trash. After I did the direct drive with a .850” goped roller I got hooked. Yes bro broke it but that little 25cc should be saluted, it was a soldier I put thru hell after I smoked my first Ryobi power-coasting. Yep, what did I learn? A two-stroke is a good brake for ONE long hill. Not two.

I’m building one from scratch using a 27cc Troy-built with a Zenoah faceplate and goped clutch for my throw-in-truck cheap lite weight ride. Buzzbike the sequel, weedeater bikers unite!
Oh shoot, I just threw away all my junked weed whackers. But, I do have a few 2t snowblower engines kicking around. 85cc 5hp.

What originally got me started into this hobby was i had a echo chainsaw i was determined to put on my bike, so i started hitting YouTube and researching.
Unfortunately i had neither a welder nor the experience (zero experience) to attach a sprocket to the centrifugal clutch. Also had no money at that time in my life (hence the need for cheap diy transportation) and then was given a used ld100..... And as they say the rest is history lol

Back