Bafang 750 watt hub

Risk Man

Local time
7:50 AM
I have a chance to buy either a slightly used or new Bafang 750 watt hub ($75 /$150). Would this be a good building block for a nice electric bike?

Yes. The Bafang hubs are known to be of decent quality. I was looking at buying one too.
Thanks. It looks like they require a pretty wide chain stay looking at the specs. Also, I will have to "build: a fat tire rim wheel I guess. Do you know if a wheel company sells the components for this hub (Spokes and rims)

Thanks. It looks like they require a pretty wide chain stay looking at the specs. Also, I will have to "build: a fat tire rim wheel I guess. Do you know if a wheel company sells the components for this hub (Spokes and rims)
You don't have to run a fat tire. They sell pre-made wheels for 700cx23 setups.

As for the spokes, Not sure of off the shelf, but something has to exist for them. I was just.going to be lazy and.go with a pre-made wheel assembly.

You don't have to run a fat tire. They sell pre-made wheels for 700cx23 setups.

As for the spokes, Not sure of off the shelf, but something has to exist for them. I was just.going to be lazy and.go with a pre-made wheel assembly.
If you could save thousands, you might change your mind. :ROFLMAO:

I
I have a chance to buy either a slightly used or new Bafang 750 watt hub ($75 /$150). Would this be a good building block for a nice electric bike?
Don't forget the Batteries cost big $$$
With all the 750w rear hub 48v 17.5ah battery and even 1,000w rear hub and 52v 19.5ah battery Fat Tire bike available now for under $2k
I would think it would be worth it to you to just buy a new E Bike.

I

Don't forget the Batteries cost big $$$
With all the 750w rear hub 48v 17.5ah battery and even 1,000w rear hub and 52v 19.5ah battery Fat Tire bike available now for under $2k
I would think it would be worth it to you to just buy a new E Bike.
Most 48v 20ah ebike specific batteries are around 280 to 350 bucks for the generic ones all over Amazon and eBay. Still also need an ESC as well as the rest of the smaller electronics and a display. Figure another 150 to 200 for that. Basically another 500 bucks plus the cost of the hub, spokes, and rim.

Pretty much lines right up with most kit costs that include everything with a similar sized battery. The Bafang kit with a 19.2ah battery for a standard 26in wheel is around $800

Most 48v 20ah ebike specific batteries are around 280 to 350 bucks for the generic ones all over Amazon and eBay. Still also need an ESC as well as the rest of the smaller electronics and a display. Figure another 150 to 200 for that. Basically another 500 bucks plus the cost of the hub, spokes, and rim.

Pretty much lines right up with most kit costs that include everything with a similar sized battery. The Bafang kit with a 19.2ah battery for a standard 26in wheel is around $800
I don't trust and don't think those cheep 48v 20 ah Generic (blue wrapper) batteries are very good.
They don't seem to last very long
Frogslayer (he's not here any more) bought one and it stopped working only after about 1 year,

I don't trust and don't think those cheep 48v 20 ah Generic (blue wrapper) batteries are very good.
They don't seem to last very long
Frogslayer (he's not here any more) bought one and it stopped working only after about 1 year,
Also, cheapie batteries might let the smoke out sooner.

Back