Bafang 750 watt hub

Didn't state what size wheel wanted. Here's a 20"er.
Buy a decent whole bike for $999.
RipRacer-Green-RightSide_ca0659c4-1b57-4f08-a472-d483bd98461c_600x400_crop_center.jpg

RM, I like Juiced bikes, owned one. Rad bikes like W's is a great buy for the money too. Both have known brand names and been around awhile for support. I wouldn't buy an unknown name brand that goes away in 2 years, many do.

I have been looking over the e-bike market, both pre-made as well as building my own. Looking at all of the pre-made bikes I have found the Heybike Explore to be the best match for my desires and fitment for my large self. I actually met up with somebody that had one and they let me give it a quick little test. It's a big bike, and quite comfy. Price is not all that bad either considering the battery size. https://www.heybike.com/products/he...o7q31wStozVmBtV_ZlqedU18VtnE9b9MaAt3ZEALw_wcB

I also figured out, for the cost of that bike I could build on an existing bike I have (saves me some money) and have something with a more powerful hub motor (1500-2000w) and/or a larger battery pack (made by myself).

Unfortunately, all of my prospective bike purchases/upgrades are on hold as I have a new goal in sight that feeds my other addiction, fishing.

Most 48v 20ah ebike specific batteries are around 280 to 350 bucks for the generic ones all over Amazon and eBay. Still also need an ESC as well as the rest of the smaller electronics and a display. Figure another 150 to 200 for that. Basically another 500 bucks plus the cost of the hub, spokes, and rim.

Pretty much lines right up with most kit costs that include everything with a similar sized battery. The Bafang kit with a 19.2ah battery for a standard 26in wheel is around $800
Look on Amazon for "Electric Moped" Ebike you can get the bike or a Moped for around $1,000 and even less. I bought a Akez S1
with dual batteries for $1200. The batteries on it total 26Ah so it has a good range. The Moped has the 4x20 fat tires on it and
they can be ordered direct from https://akezebikes.com/ or even off of Ebay. There are good buys on all kinds of Ebikes right now
since it's a buyer's market at this time. The batteries are the biggest cost on Ebikes and it's getting where a person can save by
buying a complete Ebike cheaper than building one.

I was gonna do the same thing. Build my own E Bike thinking I would save $$$
I had the Bike, Super Deluxe all aluminum Electra
View attachment 194131
I was planning on buying a Bafang Front Wheel kit or a Bafang 750w Mid Drive
With the 3 speed Nexus hub on my Electra a Mid Drive was gonna be sweet.
I was gonna hide a battery in each saddle bag too
(saddel bags are now on Rover)
View attachment 194132
View attachment 194130
But after I priced everything and looked a Fat Tire E Bike I realized a Fat Tire Bike is what I really wanted, to do off road exploring instead of just road riding

Wheel kit or the Mid Drive with batteries was still gonna cost me 2/3 the cost of Rover
Purpose built E bikes is the way to go (y)
View attachment 194132

I also paid up for an extra battery, Gotta have that to explore properly:LOL:
View attachment 194136
Yep, extra battery slips in the saddle bag
View attachment 194137
I was like you on building a Ebike and even have a Micargi bike that I was going to do that to. I decided against doing it since the Akez
I bought has the dual-batteries, fat tires, blender for batteries and has full suspension with a 7-speed Shimano. A person will save money
right now by buying now and save a headache of wiring the Ebike. After riding a 4-stroke motorized bike and then riding a Ebike with
fat tires a fella would spend more time on the Ebike, less noise, vibration, cheaper to run with less maintenance.

Didn't state what size wheel wanted. Here's a 20"er.
Buy a decent whole bike for $999.
RipRacer-Green-RightSide_ca0659c4-1b57-4f08-a472-d483bd98461c_600x400_crop_center.jpg

RM, I like Juiced bikes, owned one. Rad bikes like W's is a great buy for the money too. Both have known brand names and been around awhile for support. I wouldn't buy an unknown name brand that goes away in 2 years, many do.
I was pricing the "HyperScrambler 2" and decided on a cheaper Moped which has a steel frame and would accept modifications. The battery
costs are the biggest expense and it all depends on what a person wants to do with a Ebike.

After riding a 4-stroke motorized bike and then riding a Ebike with
fat tires a fella would spend more time on the Ebike, less noise, vibration, cheaper to run with less maintenance.
Nope, I gotta have both because each are unique and have their own place to ride
I could never ride my Whizzer where I ride Rover and I don't like riding Rover where I ride my Whizzer
Besides riding an E bike to a car/motorcycle show wouldn't be the same, Whizzer is always popular
DSCF1090.JPG100_6557.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF3708.JPG
    DSCF3708.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF9332.JPG
    DSCF9332.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF6801.JPG
    DSCF6801.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF8667.JPG
    DSCF8667.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 60
If I had one the batteries would stay outside of my brick home. I don't trust them
You have a point there. A lot of those batts are not UL certified, no overload protection, BMS is bare bones, fused. Need to do some research on each battery. Cheaper isn't always better.

This is from an ebike site I like, about batteries and they're not the cheapest batts out there..
More Safety: All Juiced Bikes G2 52V batteries are SGS certified to UL-2271, meaning they passed the industry’s most rigorous durability, resistance, and longevity tests to earn the best safety rating for fire protection. Many e-bike manufacturers opt out of having their batteries evaluated, tested, and certified by the UL because the process is costly and time-consuming; however, this oversight leads to increased fire risk and compromises rider safety.

Back