bamabikeguy - You will be missed... R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by gone_fishin, Dec 18, 2006.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

well, the ramblin' man's stories and projects caught our attention, so we asked bama'guy if he wouldn't mind pitching in around here, and he has kindly agreed :D

i hope you enjoy his witty and informative writing as much as i do..."take it away, bamabikeguy!!"

and, thank you 8)

2. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

:!: :arrow: When in doubt, veer left.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
  3. augidog

augidog Banned

"a road less traveled"...that was our 'Bama alright.

bad news is seems we have lost a true leader.

edit: bama's mother just confirmed this, Paul Crabtree had a massive heart attack & is gone.

personally, i will miss him very much.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  4. azbill

azbill Active Member

I was just pm'ing you aug with the sad news...
    this was posted at the other place
    " A note about a member of the forum passing away

I'm not a biker, but I know that a friend of mine posted here occasionally. Unfortunately, I am here to let people know that Bama Bike Guy passed away last night from a massive heart attack.

RIP, P.C. I'll miss you.

RIP 'Bama...
    I will miss your road stories :(
  5. graucho

graucho Active Member

6. augidog

augidog Banned

it was not news i wanted to believe (or post on MBc) until i could confirm it...i chose this topic because it was originally the announcement that Paul had joined MBc-staff way back when. thank you lou for the edit. MBc was bama'guy's home, a house he helped build...he was still greeting new arrivals just this week, and was always helping wherever & whenever & whoever he could...and constantly encouraging wannabe travelers such as myself to live it up while you can.

bamabikeguy was a TRUE MB-Ambassador like no other.

i had planned on visiting him this summer, he still owed me .50 in gas for teaching him how to post those images, and dangit i was gonna collect...his mom says i am still welcome to visit, so i am going to go see my buddy anyway.

damm this is really painful like nothing i've ever felt...many hard lessons this morning for me.
  7. azbill

azbill Active Member

8. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

May you rest in peace will be missed...:(
  9. loquin

loquin Active Member

It's a sad day here in MB-ville.
    Thanks for all the outstanding advice and support.
    We'll miss you.

Rest in Peace, Paul.
  10. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

not gonna be the same with out him!

we`ll miss you
  11. seanhan

seanhan Member

R.I.P Bama

Your Great reads will be missed !!!
  12. augidog

augidog Banned

13. BeauBoy

BeauBoy Member

RIP Bama, condolences to his family an friends., reading a story about one of his journeys is how I found this forum through google.
  14. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

BAMA you helped me so much on my first build, today is a sad day,

I may not have known you in person but as a mentor when i first showed up around here, i admired you, and you will be dearly missed,

May you REST IN PEACE my friend,

my prays are with you and your family.
  15. Stoney

Stoney Member

May you rest in peace, Bama. I don't post that much as of yet, but Paul truly went out of his way to help me with my bike building aspirations. I feel his lost and for him to leave such an impact on me from his genuine kindness, my thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends because I know that they (you) must be extremely saddened by his passing. God bless.
  16. graucho

graucho Active Member

Augi thanks for that link! I didn't realize that was Bama all of this time. It was this news segment that got me interested in MB's/building bicycles.
    He helped my mindset, sparking my interest helping transform me, switching from building motorcycles to building motored bikes. Then soon after... custom bicycles.
    It's people like Paul who inspire "anything bike"and he will truly be missed by the bicycling masses.

O' carp Bama, all along you were the guy who opened my eye's to a new world. Thank you my brother, beneath the big blue sky and beyond.
  17. fm2200

fm2200 Member

He will be surely missed, there was no other quite like him.
  18. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

May he rest in peace.
  19. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Wow, another shock. You will be remembered Bama.
  20. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

WOW ! So sad to hear about his passing. He contributed so much to this board . I enjoyed his summaries of his trips . RIP