BBR Tuning Billet Intake Manifold

Waxxumus

Local time
11:30 PM
Recently acquired and installed one of these beauties.
billetmain_1_1.jpg
My top end has gotten a little addition and the vibration of the engine is just a little less @ high rpm. Acceleration seems more responsive as well.
While driving, my engine will "pop" after letting off of the throttle more often than before the addition of this intake. Normally this indicates a lean nature, but upon inspection of the spark plug, it appears to be running to rich, or too cold. Im assuming the engine is breathing better with this new intake, and therefore able to cool itself better? Though, im running 29:1, its a little richer than normal. I cant honestly tell if it has leaned out or if just not enough gas is igniting and warming the engine to the point that it can clean the plug (either because there isnt enough gas, or because a regapping is needed.).
But it runs fine from what i can tell. No heat issues at all. just worried about that tell tale sign of pops after acceleration that indicates leanness.

Any advice?

50 years ago, I used to drill a tiny hole in exhaust near head to get some air in there to make it pop & crackle when I slammed the throttle closed - got an air leak there?

Back