Be Safe

My friend is a professional bike rider, she was doing practicing for states and was coming down a hill, went across the road and then went over the handle bars and went straight into her forehead. If it wasnt for her helmet she wouldnt be here anymore, make sure your helmet goes over your forehead as well as thats most likely what will hit the ground. She didnt suffer much, a ambulance ride, penicillin sticks and all ripped up all most to the bone arms and knees. She almost got hit by car while lying on the ground knocked out as well. Scary stuff, well the moral of the story is WEAR A HELMET, it may not be cool but dead on the ground isnt COOL either!!

Yes it's smart to wear one and it could save you from getting brain damaged or killed, but I disagree with laws saying you HAVE to wear one. Sounds like just another justification to pull you over and increase your tax burden with a ticket "for your own good"

<3 New Hampshire

I believe in Darwin...however, I'm going to be the smart guy wearing the helmet. If you're not smart enough to wear a helmet, thank you for being the "bad" statistic. I'll be on the survivor list, hopefully. ;)

Mark

Kidd, I just picked one up from eBay for about $35 shipped.
You can't afford NOT to have one...and trust me, I'm a 43 year old KID who feels like he's 21 and thinks he's never going to get hurt...I've worn mine for 3 days, and feel weird without it already...just like a seatbelt. No biggie, just do it, man.

Wow - did I turn into the "safety officer"? Don't tell my friends! ;)
Mark

My wife worked as a counselor in a head trauma facility for several years. Folks, brain trauma changes your behavior, your personality, your memories. Your very life. And, the worst thing is, in a lot of cases, you will remember how you were BEFORE the event, and regret not doing what you could have, or should have done, to have avoided it.

You do NOT want to be restricted to half-living the rest of your life.

Back