Best Performance parts

Franky, the high engine heat is mostly from too high compression and secondarily from too advanced ignition and also from too lean a mixture. Theoretically you could have a squish band and not too high compression but it may take a lot of using your dremel on the combustion chamber to increase its volume. If you could do that then yes the squish band would lower piston temp and you'd have less power loss from heat.

Franky, the high engine heat is mostly from too high compression and secondarily from too advanced ignition and also from too lean a mixture. Theoretically you could have a squish band and not too high compression but it may take a lot of using your dremel on the combustion chamber to increase its volume. If you could do that then yes the squish band would lower piston temp and you'd have less power loss from heat.
hey out of curiosity, have you any experience with the billet head from bicyclemotorworks? he's local and many people from here, including myself, buy from him especially because of the shipping time (can you honestly beat next day shipping equivalent while only paying first class? heck, economy would make it to my house from him by the very nest day, lucky lucky) bla bla bla did you ever use one? suggestions on possible modding of any? i can see this head, being machined from solid high grade aluminum, outlasting motor indefinitely, being capable of being used on any motor for the rest of my life if I choose to.

the current motor on my daily is built by him with that head, im a bit apprehensive of changing anything on it at all, but will note it does not have a boost port while it does have a reed valve (it was not designed for use with a reed valve, just having the best performance possible from a port timed motor) and my piston was cut to allow the reeds to do their thing.)

Looking at his site I just saw one head with 6cc volume which is too little and causes too much compression.
7cc head (or more) is what you want to look for.

Looking at his site I just saw one head with 6cc volume which is too little and causes too much compression.
7cc head (or more) is what you want to look for.
The engine has a flat 130psi on my compression checker. I vaguely remember you writing something about 130 being about right?

I also started using 97oct but I still hear that weird sound I mentioned in another post, it seems like I must just be hearing things, blame it on the scotch. Takes a bit longer for the motor to heat up too, but did notice it won't run leanish for a tad anymore after maxing out the rpms and gears on a particular road where I usually get to about 40mph (I have low gearing, the hills around here can be a little ridiculous at times, and I like being able to start mid-hill with just my clutch and no pedaling if I want) so all in all its not bad I guess. I just wish I knew what I am hearing or if it's just the normal snap crackle pop that a 2 stroke has, except I have a really modified muffler, could be it just doesn't muffle much. Good thing I leave the sound behind me otherwise I could be deaf. Huh?

yeah I don't think it's wise to go over 130psi.
pull the head and see if there's any tiny spots where the metal has gone missing on the head or the piston top. If so then you have detonation.

Back