Bicycle Brands

Heck them things are just getting broke in;)

I had about 1500 on one of mine and it still was running like new! I bought it used and put about 700 miles on it and all I did to it was put tires, a head gasket and clean the carb once.... Cheapest kit on eBay and most reliable as well:p

The coaster brake is a good design, just not very efficient. They have been in use forever. A well made one (and that excludes anything from Walmart) will not break, but it won't brake very well either. Before I gave up pedaling altogether, I rode a single speed (regeared a lot lower) cruiser bike with a coaster brake, but I never exceeded 5-6 mph. The coaster brake worked ok. Any faster and you will need some kind of front brake. Having it in the front is more important than what kind of brake it is. But I have seen cable operated brakes on cheap bikes turned into pretzels from hard use. They are made out of something you can almost bend with your hand. High quality V brakes will flip you right over the bars if you squeeze the lever too hard, but are also easy to modulate if they are adjusted properly, have decent pads, and the rim is straight, which it definitely should be on a motorized bike. From what I have read, some of the Chinese engines are better than others, just like some Chinese scooters are better than others, but none are great. I never got enough miles on mine for it to break, the POS tensioner got pulled into the rear wheel and destroyed the bike, and almost killed me. I was in the bike lane just a couple of feet away from 45 mph traffic. Fortunately I fell away from the traffic.

My motors that I have are Chinese. The new one I just finished the bolt for the exhaust to mount too stripped out in the engine. But this is what I get for being cheap.

It is not Chinese, not warped, not made of cheap aluminium, and has a huge amount of surface area, evident from looking at it.
"Better to stay quiet and have people think you ignorant, than to open your mouth and confirm it".
Had one of these heads on a bike for a year easy. Still have the head in like new condition just changed for the larger rounded look. Just the mass of metal itself is like a giant heat sink. Love the quote.

Heck them things are just getting broke in;)

I had about 1500 on one of mine and it still was running like new! I bought it used and put about 700 miles on it and all I did to it was put tires, a head gasket and clean the carb once.... Cheapest kit on eBay and most reliable as well:p
I give some credit to luck of the draw on these motors. Once I ordered several different motors from Kings. A jet a raw racer and what they were calling a gt5. I think there was about 10 bucks diff. between each kit about 2 yrs. ago. Each engine was exactly the same. I now try to do a ring and piston job around 1200 to 1500 and the jug if ness.. I hate doing top ends once they have gone south, and I really hate the walk of shame pushing a bike home.

Back